Agnostic.com

1 1

Ransomware hit a Georgia county. That didn't stop its ballot counting.

The attack does not indicate any broad effort to tamper with U.S. voting or show systemic vulnerabilities to the U.S. election system.

[nbcnews.com]

FearlessFly 9 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Holy shit! This is our worst nightmare come true. He's gonna steal the election.

The article mentions "opportunistic criminal hackers"

'He's gonna steal' -- kinda sounds to me like jumping to conclusions. 😛

@FearlessFly I am. Who do you think the opportunistic criminal hackers are working for? He's gonna steal this election just like he did the last one. My conclusion.

@barjoe They could be working for China, Iran, Russia, or Democrats, or just ordinary criminals.

@FearlessFly Iran is not involved. I don't believe that for a second. Democrats? They were the victims in 2016 and they'll be the victims again. I think Brian Kemp is involved in this. My conclusion.

@barjoe The NYT (and NSC, and FBI, and others) say otherwise about Iran :

"Iran and Russia Seek to Influence Election in Final Days, U.S. Officials Warn"

[nytimes.com]

@FearlessFly I don't believe a word John Ratcliffe said. He said they were trying to hurt President Trump? Bullshit. You notice FBI Director Wray wasn't present. NYT might believe it. I don't.

@barjoe LA Times : FBI Director Christopher A. Wray said at Wednesday’s news conference that “we are not going to tolerate foreign interference in our elections.”
[latimes.com]

Is there ANY news that would persuade you ?

[thehill.com]

[wsj.com]

[cnbc.com]

[slate.com]

[theunionstar.com]

. . . many more

@FearlessFly None. I don't believe a word John Ratcliffe says, he works for Trump not the American people. It's a fake story.

@barjoe Of course he is a Trump appointee. He didn't initiate the story. Do you really think ALL those news outlets are going by what he said ? Really ?

@FearlessFly Wray is a Trump appointee as well. He doesn't carry water for Trump. Ratcliffe does. I don't believe the Iran part of the story. It's made up. Yes they are treating it as official news because of the source. You don't think the government ever tells lies that are reported in the press as news?

@barjoe . . . "It's made up" -- again NO evidence

[en.wikipedia.org]

@FearlessFly Right. Opinion. Where is the credible evidence for Iran? This administration's lies about EVERYTHING. Why should I believe this? I don't.

@barjoe . . . soooo, a wide variety of news recently (and for months) report Iran hacking in the US, aaaannnnd, you don't believe it (without evidence, but only) because Ratcliffe publicly agrees ?

How many results (from this year alone) do you get putting "Iran,hacking US" in a search engine ?

@FearlessFly "To that end, we have already seen Iran sending “spoofed” emails designed to intimidate voters, incite social unrest, and damage President Trump." That's a false statement. The "spoof" emails were threatening democratic voters and were sent by right wing domestic allies of Trump.

@barjoe . . . no link to 'source/evidence' ?

@barjoe . . . non-Iran spoof emails (Trump admin diversion) doesn't mean Iran wasn't/isn't hacking -- non sequitur fallacy

@FearlessFly I'm sure Iran does hacking. I just think the Ratcliffe announcement was made to take attention away from right wing operatives and try to blame Iran for trying to "frame" the Proud Boys. What bullshit. I don't believe it for a second.

@barjoe So, does that mean you do/don't believe the news about Irans' various hacking exploits in the US (irrespective of Ratcliffe) ?

@FearlessFly I can believe Iran done all kinds of terrible things. They didn't send emails to Democrat voters, which wasn't even a hack, registration rolls are public. The emails threatened democrats to vote for Trump. It had alt right written all over it. It wasn't Iran. That statement was obviously a diversion.

@barjoe . . . could have saved lot of back-forth if you had been clear about that 'way-back-when' 😮

. . . earlier you commented "Iran is not involved" (ambiguous).

@FearlessFly I'm an ambiguous guy. I knew what I meant.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546968
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.