Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Militia leader Stewart Rhodes says that his group will be at polling locations and is ready to kill Democrats | Media Matters for America

Oath Keepers militia leader Stewart Rhodes said members of his militia will be at polling locations on Election Day to “protect” Trump voters during an appearance on far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ program.

snytiger6 9 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Then why is he not in custody?

Because freedom pf speech lets him say anything he wants. It would be illegal to incite others to do harm or to actually do harm himself, but he and make all the threats he wants with impunity.

@snytiger6 Try saying you want to kidnap and kill a Governor and you go to jail, but say you want to kill Democrats and it's protected speech?
I don't think so.
I notice I never see people expressing a desire to kill Trump, even if most say they wish he would die of something. I assume you could get in big trouble for saying something like that, not that I would.

@Willow_Wisp I'm not defending their speech. I am just stated how the law works. I think those people who said they want to kill dems are despicable. Being an asshole isn't illegal. If the threats were made against elected officials, then there would be more legal leverage, but the threat was only general threat against democrat voters. It would be a stratch, but they might be able to be charged with voter intimidation. If they show up to polling sites, then definitely they could be charged with that.

These cowards have been around forever and they always talk shit and do nothing. This is to scare folks from voting.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.