Agnostic.com

11 0

If you were the last person on Earth what would you do first?

Imagine you wake up to find that no body else is there. You are the last person on Earth. What would you do first and why?
Everything is left as it is, animals and plants will begin to enter cities but no humans will ever return.

I'd probably get in a plane and fly it to the USA (I did a simulator once so I can find the auto-pilot and landing gear, should be fun). I'd go to some gun shops and go shooting at a range with whatever weapons I wanted. Then I'd start planting vegetables and fruits for long term whilst stockpiling camping equipment, ammunition, fuel, water treatment and storage kit, chemicals for farming and stuff, medical supplies, etc. I'd probably live on an army base with lots of land which is easily defensible from hostile animals (Bears, wolves, etc.) Plus I might get a few sailing boats for fun.

Lancer 7 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If all the people were gone you could just shoot animals and eat them. No need to farm as there would be plenty to eat.

I'd kill myself

Finally relax, honestly. No other people means no obligations, no interruptions, no real sources of stress. I don't doubt at all though I'd be bored and lonely within a week at most.

Yeah, I’d like it for about a couple months, ya know, to figure shit out and relax, but eventually I’d do what I wrote below.

First, I’d find and manipulate whatever resources I could to build a utopian society and then I’d go to a female egg bank and donate my sperm into as many females with profiles and information that looked like Id be compatible and would get along with the best.

Why? Because we need each other, man. Can’t survive on our own. Mentally.

wow I haven't got a clue

drink all the really expensive scotch....

Contact aliens, build a time machine, fix the planet lol

Get a dog.

The trouble with this fascinating scerario is that you'd have to keep an eye out for wandering dog packs. They'd be very dangerous. Several good films have been based on this theme though.

I'd see what I could do about contacting the astronauts on the International Space Station. They're better at survival than I am.

They wouldn't be there anymore.

I like how you found a loophole in my question but it was mainly in the case that there were no more humans anywhere.

Still, great analysis of the question. I didn't account for extraterrestrial humans.

@Lancer Yup, I specifically said that to point out that there was a loophole. I know what you meant. But to answer your question, I'd research as much on survival as possible, then see what I could do about finding weapons. Britain doesn't have much dangerous wildlife, but there's plenty of game... But I'd keep my cats alive. I love my cats too much. Also, they're excellent hunters, they can catch rabbits.

Gather up all the survival information I can find before the electricity and the internet fail.

When I wake up the first thing I do is head to the bathroom, when I feel better, it's off to find something to eat. Why? because this is what my body urges me to do.

mzee Level 7 Nov 27, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5480
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.