Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK 5 reasons not to underestimate far-right extremists

The Conversation article on far-right extremists

Hages 7 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I consider them the most significant threat to our peace and freedom.

@Hages

Why them especially?

@Hages

I understand that but why it especially fearful for libertarians? I think we should all be afraid of that.

That is actually the most ridiculous, blatent,left-wing propoganda that I have ever seen. None of those things will ever happen and no polotician would ever propose such things, especially from the right because it is actually unconstitutional. They clearly want people to think these things will happen to scare people into voting for them. I can only assume that people fall for it because they hate southern society so much they don't care if it is actually true or not. There is such a disconnect now that both sides attach a false narrative to everyone that does not immediately agree with them. The thing that threatens out freedom the most is misinformation.

@Monty35792

I agree that misinformation and false narratives are dangerous. I also believe that there is a lot of legitimacy to the idea that far right radicals are a threat.

Are you aware of the plot to kidnap the governor of Michigan by right wing militia terrorists? That's just one example.

@RoboGraham
[en.wikipedia.org]
I am now aware. Law enforcement agencies are doing their job. Groups like this are already under surveillance and those people have been arrested.
Not that much of a threat, really.
For me this story actually points to a different problem.How untouchable all social elitists have become.

It doesnt seem to matter what laws they break or how many people they kill with their decisions.
All politicians have become accountable for nothing and get away with anything as long as they have enough money and media support.
I do not fully support this kind of violence but I am also not sure what else they could have done.
From their perspective courts failed to convict Hillary so, why would that work for them here?
The right to bear arms was meant to give that power back to the people; The 2nd is the only thing keeping social elitists from totalitarian control and now they are trying to remove this as well.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
It is a misconception to believe that only right wing extremists commit acts of violence; However,it is very apparent that statistically the right wing takes things to the point of committing murder much more often. Which is why they are more closely monitored by law enforcement than less violent political extremists.

Yes, they are more dangerous but they are also being watched closely!

@Monty35792

I absolutely, whole heartedly agree that the elites and politicians are getting away with way too much. Their wealth, power, and status protects them so they do what they want at the expense of the rest of us.

I also agree that law enforcement is doing a good job of protecting us from terrorist groups. In recent years, the far right has been much more active than any other group. I'm sure they are being watched more closely because of it, but I still consider them to be the most dangerous. It seems that you agree on that, but I'll leave an article here with a handy chart to show the number of terrorist attacks carried out by group. The far right is by far the worst. [economist.com]

I'm very glad we have the second amendment to give us some leverage with the elites. I hope we never have to use it, but it's a good thing to have, just so they think twice about going too far with their autocracy.

Yahoo adds nothing, the actual source :

[theconversation.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548034
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.