Agnostic.com

2 3

Sad news for all Bond Fans, etc.
Sean Connery has died aged 90.
Vale Sean, We will always remember the " name is Bond, James Bond."
Rest well old Friend.

Triphid 9 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He was James Bond for my generation. Check out the movie "Robin and Marion". Connery and Audrey Hepburn. It is the best Robin Hood movie I have ever seen.

As far as I'm concerned HE WAS the one and ONLY James Bond, all the rest couldn't hope to hold a match up to him.
And, IF I remember correctly, he was also in the film " The Longest Day" as well a number of other films based on WWII.

@Triphid Yes he was. I think he played a Scottish Colonel.

@Sticks48 Also he was in one of the "Bridge" WWI war movies where he played an ordinary soldier and made a comment something like " Only a real Irishman knows how to play the pipes( bagpipes)."

@Sticks48 I'll have to watch "The Longest Day" to check upon it BUT I think he played an ordinary soldier in one of the Beach landing scenes.
He played a really great role in " Hunt for Red October" and it beats me WHY the f**k they cast that rank maniac Mel Gibson in the role of William Wallace in "Braveheart" when Connery could do a far, far better job with his eyes closed AND he had the Scots accent to boot.
Btw, I have the twin pack DVD of Longest Day and Tora, Tora, Tora in my ever growing collection.

@Triphid You are correct. He played a private in the Longest Day. He should have done Braveheart.

Yes indeed. A great Bond, and a great Scotsman. Tonight I'll watch my copy of You Only Live Twice (1967). My favourite Connery Bond.

Instead of watching my copies of his Bond films tonight I might just watch one of his lesser known films " The Molly Maguires."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548473
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.