Agnostic.com

3 2

Compulsory Voting in the USA?

USA voters: Would you prefer compulsory voting? According to The Washington Post, in nations like Australia, “compulsory voting produces conventionally centre-left or centre-right political leaders, thus governments tend to be regarded as the solution to society’s problems, rather than the cause.”

[washingtonpost.com]

Mvtt 7 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Australians are so much more reasonable and societal-minded than Americans. They are truly patriotic, not blindly nationalistic like Americans.

I don't know if I'm for that, but I do know that if it happened the third party candidates would probably do a lot better as the currently non-voting poor would probably be willing to take a chance on those candidates.

I have been in favor of this for years. It should be like a national holiday and made easier, not more difficult.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:549945
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.