Agnostic.com

16 6

Any indie music lovers? I’ve been out of the loop for the last few years and am looking for some new artists to listen to. Interpol, Arcade Fire, and Cat Power are some of my favorites.

Shahi 4 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Indie is probably the best blanket statement sort of name that works for me well enough. I tend to have a deeper connection to dreampop, shoegaze, EDM, old school industrial... check out the Eclectic Music group here.

I typically post only "indie/college" music 95% of the time. I post publicly, as well, but when considering how... uncommon most bands I listen to are by way of mainstream, i tend to try to avoid overwhelming the average site goer and stick to the Eclectic music group. Albeit, some days i may get slighty out of hand, yet I find i make no apologies for it. haha!

If you wish to search through a number of play lists, you can do a youtube search for "Ari Sadoi" and "Sadoi811." Those are both my accounts and "Groovy Gravy" on "Ari Sadoi" is the one I consistently add to. If you reaaaally want to find something new to check out, feel free to snoop to your hearts content throughout my playlists.

Ciao!

Sadoi Level 7 Apr 12, 2018

I can't say I was ever in a loop.

I listen to INDIE-licious at 7pm on Saturdays broadcast on WSLR-LPFM 96.5 Sarasota's Community Radio. Sheila Jane & Vin do an awesome job spinning some great indie tunes. I've even been on the show a couple of timeswhen I was at the studio producing a political program for later airing. I recommend it. You can stream it if you're not in the Sarasota area by going to WSLR.ORG If you call in tell them Steve Wells sent you.

These may be more folky than you're looking for but The Avett Brothers, Dawes, Elephant Revival, My Bubba, Deer Tick, The Head and The Heart.

Megan Washington. Here she is talking in one of the Sydney TED Talks:

And here is she in a TV game show where she had to read a text book in the tune of a song. Her teammates had to guess what the song is.

"Kandle" out of Quebec , wild child, not to be mistaken by the "wild ones" both very diffrent sound but both very good.

I'm always looking, but rarely find anything I like much. A recent LA band I'm liking is Cherry Glazerr. Their first album is amazing, kinda surfy-retro; she was 16 when it was released! The 2nd album is quite a departure and shows growth. Here's a track:

Me. I've just gotten back into the loop after more than a decade. Some new discoveries: Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty (Mr. Tillman), King Tuff, Portugal The Man. Thurston Moore has an amazing new solo album.

godef Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Saw, 'Dream Wife' last night. Not sure if they're indie, but they were very good. Kind of Punk pop?

I really liked them, good strong performance by all 4 of them, they were support for someone else. Will be trying to get their CD now.

My kid went to a festival last year and told me about 2 bands she was really impressed with. Cage The Elephant and GroupLove. She was right, both have what I think are great albums and shows. Don't even know if Cat Power is still around, can't recall any new stuff from her in the last 10 years.

Coco Rosie is a great one.

Oh, my dear, I can bombard you. Okay, I've got several vectors here. Let me throw out some suggesions - Iron and Wine; Yo La Tengo; The National; Regina Spektor; Explosions in the Sky. Just to name a few. Let's throw some further names around.

Im an oldie who loves new sounds....and live gigs...Interpol among my fav old ones

Hello... Check out boardingschooldropouts.com

im an oldie who loves new sounds....and live gigs...Interpol among my fav old ones

I just saw Wolf Alice last week. They are a great live band. The Joy Formidable is another one that always kicks ass onstage

I love both of those names. Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55000
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.