Agnostic.com

9 4

LINK God Is Dead: the Phrase Associated With Nietzsche

An article on the death of God

Hages 7 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a bean burrito earlier. I am positive that there will be invisible sources around.

Followed by, “god is Dad” - Freud 😂

Mvtt Level 7 Nov 8, 2020

I and 7 billion some odd gods have not died yet.

Word Level 8 Nov 7, 2020

How can something that does not exist and never existed be dead?

The more accurate translate would be "God is extinct"
The word Nietzsche used was Tot, which is a scientific term meaning extinct or expired but is used colloquially to mean dead, if he had meant deceased the word would have been verstorben, gestorben or abgestorben.
The phrase came from a discussion on the enlightenment and how in light of it, religion was a pointless exercise.

Of course god is dead. In my 74 years of life i cannot claim a god did anything.

Another man-made concept proven false.
It's a real shame how so many still desperately cling to it instead of embracing logic and reason.
Thankfully, their numbers are decreasing.

@Hages They have to do that for themselves.
Otherwise, it's just coercion, and that's just as bad as what they do.

Many years ago a friend announced to me that she was a born again Christian and that she had found God. I told her that I did not know that he was lost or hiding out. She never spoke to me for a long time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.