Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK They Are Trying To Silence AOC, Because Money Never Sleeps

They Are Trying To Silence AOC, Because Money Never Sleeps

We’re all exhausted, but in the 24 hours since the election was called, corporate interests and their allies have already started their war on progressives. There is no rest for the weary

"Since the election was called for Joe Biden, there has been a multitiered effort to blame disappointing election results on progressives, even as exit polls and voting results show that progressive organizing that rescued Democrats from the jaws of a presidential defeat. While the country was celebrating the defeat of Trump, here’s what the voices of Big Money have been doing since the election"

WilliamCharles 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s because she’s dumber than a football bat. I wouldn’t let that kid put clickers on a big wheel

The establishment corporate Dems are actually a bigger roadblock to progressive candidates and policy than the Repubs, and anyone left of center who doesn't hate them as much or more than the Repubs (in my case, the latter), is seriously deluded. These ratfuckers and the Repubs are both our enemies, both politically and in the class war. Too many progressives fail to realize that these selfish liberals and centrists who vote for corporate Dems are class enemies of the working class, but rest assured, working class whites are not similarly deluded. They know damn well the people who support corporate Dems are their class enemies, so they strike back the only way they can, by voting against the corporate Dems and their identity politics fused with multiculturalism. They vote red out of spite and I don't blame them. If I can't vote for something positive for me, and I can vote against the cultural program of my class enemy's party, I will at least seek my revenge that way. That is the thinking of working class whites and as long as the Dem party offers them nothing helpful economically, they will continue to vote Red out of spite for the comfortable suburban liberals and centrists in the party.

Let's compare the results of progressives vs moderates.

Support for single payer is a good measuring stick for weeding out the true progressives from the corporate Dems who are Repub lite. It's always been true that when voters have the choice of Repub lite Dem and an actual Repub, they will always vote Red. Too bad the Dem leaders refuse to learn and obey this, that's why the really are a fake opposition party. They really don't care about winning at all costs, like the Repubs always do.

The corporate media doesn't even need to bother about muzzling AOC, her own party has that handled. They will never let her get near having any real power in the party as a prez nominee, or a congressional leader for the Dems. Welcome to her being the new Bernie/sheepdog. Like Bernie, the Dems will use her as a poster child for fundraising and increasing voter turnout, but nothing else. Hell, I doubt she will even get to be a committee chair.

@TomMcGiverin

I hope she turns her back on them like Bernie shoulda done.

@RoboGraham I hope so too. Bernie owes a refund to all of his supporters that donated money to him because he betrayed them again by not running third party. But right now, AOC is clearly putting her future in the Dem Party and if she sticks with them it will turn out no different than with Bernie. I will not fall for it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.