Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK BC Supreme Court Blocks Teen’s Access To Trans Medical Treatment At Mom’s Will | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This seems a bit harsh to me...

The surgery was just days away when British Columbia Supreme Court Justice Shelley C. Fitzpatrick granted a temporary injunction against S.B.’s medical doctor, Dr. Andrea Szewchuk, and the prospective surgeon, Dr. Daniel McKee. They’re not only barred from performing the surgery; A.M. doesn’t want them even discussing it with S.B., lest they unduly advocate for the procedure.

snytiger6 9 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Circumcision, Female Genital Mutilation, and gender re-assignment procedures must be prohibited except when requested by AND performed on a well-informed, competent adult.

When they say they were barred I believe it related to this case due to the injunction; not that they were struck off due to malpractice. The fact the the mother is subpoenaing the Counselling notes seems to show that the required processes were followed prior to the surgery being looked into as an option.
Hopefully the person requesting the treatment will get the right support while their mother comes to terms with their life choices.

Does an individual gain right over their body at 18 there? What an awful situation. When I got ill in outback Australia they wanted me to go to my parents’ in England. Not only are my parents rarely supportive, they are selfish, unreliable and sometimes downright abusive. I was in my 30s at the time!
The medical profession seem to take too much for granted where parents are concerned. Not all parents are good parents, there’s a reason that the word filicide exists!

I understand you here. Both my parents are dead now. Birth mom and stepfather. I never knew my real dad. Mom always told me that I never lived with my grandparents and I never went to school in their area. When she died I found my school pictures. Since my cousins went to that school also you would think that was a dead giveaway. Parents do not always do or know best.

I thought Canucks were more liberal and accepting.

The child is 17. He should be allowed to have his surgery.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.