Agnostic.com

27 6

Chronic Pain.

I have severe neuropathy (nerve pain) in my hands and feet due to chemotherapy treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma -- believe me, I wouldn't trade it for cancer any day (in remission since August, thank you very much!), but it makes it difficult for me to manage even simple every-day tasks. It won't go away overnight and so I'm finding the best ways to manage it and continue to live my life, but there are days when it just gets to me.

So my question is, how do you deal with chronic pain and how has it impacted your life and relationships?

bleurowz 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had neuropathy for may years and it has mostly been addressed by medications. However, recent cancer treatment has added on additional problems. I have dealt wth the problem by getting involved with organizations. I do things that work around my medical problems, things that I can do such as researching projects for them. Being involved with groups also gives me a chance at socialization.

I have chronic back pain at the moment probably arthritis - it seems better whan i am active but then I get so tired in the evening that I get depressed - I'm going to get some heavy duty painkillers tommorrow just to tide me over & get a bit of a break .maybe see at some poin if my doctor has any advice.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.