Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK France's Macron issues 'Republican values' ultimatum to Muslim leaders - BBC : atheism

BBC article about France ultimatum to Muslim religious leaders

Hages 7 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's funny in the US keeping religion out of government is the opposite of Republican "values."

Vive la France!

JimG Level 8 Nov 20, 2020

Laicite is the only way are very interconnected world will survive without strife.

In Canada we have Sikhs wearing their hats/turbans in Parliament. No one else can do that. Agnostics can not go in with a peaked cap with an A on the front of it. No First Nations reps can wear their various head gear in. It is insulting that these clowns have no respect for the country they are in. And I don't care about their 'gawds' or any 'gawdish nonsense'. If they can't take their hats off, don't go into parliament--- and it is a weak-knee government that allows it. And just won't I have some bleeding heart commenting on what I have said?!

Agnostics cannot go in with a peaked cap with an A on the front of it because Agnosticism is not a religion.

Hopefully, the virtue-signalling far Left and the Twitter mob can draw valuable lessons from France and Austria and stop labeling every criticism of Islam as "Islamophobic" and "xenophobic". I hope Ben Afflec now sees what Sam Harris meant when he said the problem with Islamic terrorism is not the overwhelming majority of peaceful Muslims; It's the large portion of Muslim population that doesn't fully believe in Western values such as freedom of expression and remains sympathetic toward Jihadists.

Yes

I like the way Emmanuel Macron is putting the squeeze on radical Muslims in France.

@Hages Indeed it does! Getting rid of half the GOP would be a good start.

@anglophone "HALF"????? you are far nicer than me.......

Something foreign to many from countries with a different attitude toward religion. Failure to fully understand that simple fact has and will continue to cost people their lives.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554236
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.