Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK 'Atheist Day' 2018: Billy Joel, Emma Thompson and More On Why God May Not Exist

Julianne Moore

The Academy Award-winning actress opened up to The Hollywood Reporter in 2015 about what she doesn't believe in: God.

"I learned when my mother died five years ago that there is no 'there' there," she said. "Structure, it's all imposed. We impose order and narrative on everything in order to understand it. Otherwise, there's nothing but chaos.

Moore proudly owned the idea of creating her own success, no help from a god or anything else needed. "The idea that you're the center of your own narrative and that you can create your life is a great idea," she said. "I totally believe it. I've been really lucky, but I feel I've completely created my own life."

zblaze 7 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It makes me happy in all kinds of ways to hear someone in the public eye speak out on this subject.

Well, she could believe that god did it for her or at least helped her. Then you would have to believe that god likes actors. Next, you would have to believe that god likes each football team and wants them both to pray to him because he likes sports. When it comes to war god would have to be on both sides so he doesn't really want anyone to get killed. Well, it depends on who pissed him off the most.

Whatever happened to god? I keep waiting for him to heal those kids at St. Jude.

Awesome to hear.

I think there might be a correlation between more creative people (and the portions of their brain they use more) and their lack of a belief in a God. I actually think I read something about it a while ago if I'm not mistaken.

Interesting article about celebrities who are atheist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.