Agnostic.com

12 14

LINK Church Head Dies of COVID After Open-Casket Funeral for Bishop Who Died of COVID | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This seems like the natural conclusion of a story mixing religion and COVID.

Last month, Amfilohije Radović, a bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church, died of COVID. He was 82 and had been going through virus-related health scares for weeks leading up to his death.

snytiger6 9 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mama says YOU DID WHAT???

All I have to say is: Thoughts and prayers Motherfucker.

Sounds very familiar. This was the reason Ebola was spread so quickly.

Good riddance!

He did not pass the test. COVID was stronger than his god. Sad.

Very sad. Hopefully some good comes of it and more religious people move to the side of respecting Covid.

MsAl Level 8 Nov 21, 2020

Good luck with that!

@Mofo1953 I live in a rural Michigan town. (Perhaps you have heard of our antimask militias). I regularly argue about masks on the local FB pages and have been viciously shut down. Last few weeks it seems different. All the OpenUpMichigan posts about signature signing events to recall Whitmer still exist. But there are definitely more people vocally against them than for.

I have a bit harder time "othering" the other side since I grew up more backwoods than most rural folks and a left of liberal atheist.

I don't think it's a bad thing that I still see people as humans if they are not on my side.

(Sorry a bit long winded speech for your response) I don't get to express my opinions much IRL 🙄

Maybe in another universe.

@MsAl as I said before, good luck with that.

The idiot brigade is busy thinning its own ranks.

It would be great if they annihilated themselves.

Well gol-ly, I just can't imagine how that happened ... ya mean god didn't protect him ?

Robert Ingersoll: "In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."

I like that

Talking about stupid.

I had heard that because a dead body is no longer breathing, it's very difficult catch COVID from it, unless you touch or hug it (eww)! [wusa9.com]

Sounds reasonable, BUT who else was at the funeral who could have been exposed while he was still breathing?
Further, who might have been at the funeral, excuse me, super-speader event, who may have infected others?

WTF is wrong with people?
That's a rhetorical question, no need to answer.

Yes, the headline is misleading. The virus could have come from anywhere.

Strange customs in different religions. Maybe French kissing the corpse is a thing for them...

@Canndue Or maybe young children. You never know with whackjob’s like this.

They will probably kill their own mother if the price was right.

Mask it or casket

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554682
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.