Agnostic.com

7 1

Internet dating really sucks these days. It's been about 8 years since I had my first date with my ex-wife and we met online. However, thanks to apps like Tinder, way too many sites use the swipe matching method and I don't really like that. Simply finding a user's pictures appealing isn't quite enough to decide a match. Then again, I'm almost 39 and Tinder really isn't meant for people my age.

ViscoInferno 5 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like okcupid as well. And MeetMe. If you know what to look for on both, you don’t need to pay. Though I’ve heard that a guy’s experience is different on the different sites. For instance, women can send pics, but men can’t for free on POF.

Swipe culture is crappy. It certainly isn't effective in finding plutonic friendship online.

Yes, it is hard to find a plutonic relationship online.

Have you tried OKCupid? I really liked the questionaire feature. I had several dates with people I had high compatibility rating with, and while it took time to find my person, I didn't have a bad date off that site. And after about 6 months on that site, and two years of internet dating, I found my person. But, I knew exactly what I was looking for: honest, kind, smart, funny and ethical. Good luck to you!

I met my wife online so I know it can work.

Tinder, Bumble and all those apps...really just intended for hookups. Very superficial. The ads that get the most swipes right show up first. You might find a good one in there but you have to work at it. I've had some fun with them. Not gonna lie. If you want something long term move to Match or eHarmony. None of the free ones are for much more than a booty call.

I know how you feel. I'm back in the dating world after decades, it sucks! I've had many bad experiences. The best advice is hang in there , develop a thick skin and don't give up on finding someone spoecial.

Good luck here! We're working hard to help 🙂

Admin Level 9 Nov 27, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5547
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.