Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Will Evangelicals Christians Forgive Carl Lentz for Superficial Reasons? | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The firing of megachurch pastor Carl Lentz, who confessed to having an affair, indicates a larger problem within evangelical culture: a lack of accountability for people in power. Especially if they happen to be attractive. Somehow, the rules of modesty that exist for young women in that culture don’t apply to men in the same church.

snytiger6 9 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's all OK because it is a "natural sin" and god will always forgive you. Sometimes other people won't though.

They forgive pedophiles, why wouldn't they forgive these assholes?

Carl Lentz will come out smellin like a rose. Christian belief is taught to forgive. So yes they will forgive him.

His wife should get a good lawyer and divorce him! I went through the same thing. I forgave my x husband and we went to counseling. Our kids were still at home. Years later, he hooked back up with her and left me high and dry. He told me he could never get her out of his head. They got married and I'm still struggling. Its NEVER the same after an affair. I don't care what people say. I shouldn't have forgiven him and taken him back! He wanted us back when she went back to her husband. She was the secretary and 15 yrs younger than him. I now have no trust in men!

Christainity the land of double standards.

Exactly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:555231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.