Agnostic.com

11 11

I expected to be stoned by villagers. Pre-Thanksgiving grocery shopping.

"Have you seen the peas?" I asked a woman. We searched the frozen vegetable aisle in a grocery store. I spied the last small bag of "Steam In the Bag" frozen peas.

"Is this all they have?" I asked gaily, reaching in and tossing the peas into my cart.

"Did you find them?" the woman's husband asked, arriving at her side.

"SHE got the last one!" she replied harshly, pointing an accusatory finger at me. The shaking finger. They turned and glared at me. It was jarring.

Reminded me of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." I skedaddled before an angry crowd gathered.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Burn her! Burn her! She's a witch!

You have that movie running through my head now!

Had a friend bring us Thanksgiving Dinner, all the trimmings. I had no idea this was going to happen. I went shopping yesterday for everything but had not started to make it yet. Unexpected, and a great meal. Brought Kate to tears as she did not think we had friends that would do this. (More to this than would be first mentioned)

Wow

Competive shopping November thru December, Should come up with a name for it

Since it's only me I made mashed potatoes with onions and garlic. Then I heated some deli turkey & Campbell's turkey gravy in the microwave. Sometimes I think I could use some adult supervision.

Ya, but it felt good ......

One of the many reasons why I shop online whenever possible. Unfortunately where I live doesn't have online grocery shopping.

Some people turn into animals during the holiday. I have noticed that over the years since I work in retail, because the joy of this holiday is almost gone.

No doubt a trumplus supporter.

I loathe peas, but I'm glad you got yours safely.

Why would one loathe peas?

@dalefvictor I call them death balls myself. I only like them frozen or right out of the pod.

i love peas my self also

@Larimar t sounds as if you know something do not, death balls? Did you choke on one once?

@dalefvictor the texture makes me wanna barf, and the smell also makes me wanna barf. I don't do lima beans either.

@dalefvictor no, I just can't stand the mushy texture of them cooked. It's why I prefer them frozen and only thawed or fresh out of the pod. I'm like HippieGirl, cooked stink to me and the texture is disgusting.

@HippieChick58 I have a bad sense of smell, so there are many things I just cannot smell the bad stuff. The only vegetables I do not like are persimmons and okra.

@dalefvictor I eat my okra raw and then it's crunchy and tasty. I like English peas almost anyway you fix them. Despite the fact that my father couldn't stand them on the table and told us it was because they look like baby s***.

Thats the spirit of giving!

On both sides 😉

1of5 Level 8 Nov 26, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.