Agnostic.com

4 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cruz is a gutless spineless shill. It is hard to imagine what he might be right about.

I do. Cruz is a slimy, self-serving demagogue.

I think Mad King Donny might be setting Iran up for a military strike. Possibly even a nuclear one on Tehran. If they retaliate anytime between now and Jan 19th then Mad King gets to initiate his reply. If Iran's retribution comes in late morning of Jan 20th then Mad King doesn't have enough time for it or strength for it. So the killing was how a bully pushes his prey. I pray they don't take the bait. My prayers were never answered back when I did that sort of thing.

Well King Diaper Don is apparently planning to announce a Trump 2024 sucker run on inauguration day. Gives his 75 million suckers something to watch and tweet about on the news that day other than Biden's inauguration.

So if he actually does a direct strike on the day before he can completely suck up the news cycle for two plus days and given Biden another steaming pile of death to deal with. And immediately Republicans will find a rekindled need to insisted there is no money for anything and the deficit must be reduced to zero by austerity cuts immediately.

You'd better hope we win those two Senate seats...

@prometheus I do hope for those seats but have also given up any real concern for u$A survival. The truth seems to be that we are little more than Pakistan with high goals that we're not going to achieve. Just a bigger gun.

It's true that Cruz has displayed an extremely simplistic, "us vs. them" view of foreign policy in which "we" and our hand-picked allies, like Israel, are the "good guys" and everyone else is "the bad guys". There is no room for nuance in such a view, where America can operate as an honest broker between nations. This kind of thinking is why, for all the talk about minor nations recognizing Israel, the peace process has gone exactly nowhere.

Cruz also appears to have no idea of how international law operates. If, in fact, we "gave" $1.5 bn to Khomeini's government way back in 1979, it was because international law and obligations meant we had to. We frequently condemn other nations as "lawless". We only get to use that sort of language if we ourselves follow international law; not just when it's convenient or when we agree with it, but when it's difficult and when we would prefer to do as we please instead. That's why international law has to exist, so that everyone plays by the same rules.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556565
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.