Agnostic.com

3 11

LINK Let’s call U.S. religious freedom what it is: privileging of superstition | Rick Snedeker

Patheos blog about “religious freedom” in America

Hages 7 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I once saw the Virgin Mary as a glowing bit of dirt inside a cloud about 5 foot tall and she was upset that I did not recognize her.

This sort of superstition is in religion all the time. Genesis is literal, snakes do talk, Jesus was alone with the devil and somebody somehow was there to record the conversation for the imagined event. And of course, my bible has the words of Jesus in red. Why would those gospel writers lie?

The thing is, anyone else with a mental disorder is ostracized in this shithole country but not religious people. Churches don't get taxed, they discriminate many times against LGBT individuals, they are segregated in many areas of the country, and now they get special permission to ravage their cities with COVID. I am FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF IT.

But, ask any Tithe Collector, aka Priest, and he/she will tell that " Superstition has NO place in Religion."

Neither do idols, yet churches are filled with them...

@Canndue Oh yes, they seem to have had a very permanent, severe case of 'Selective MASS Amnesia' when it comes to the many of their purported 'Commandments, including " Thou shall make nor worship any Graven Images."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556623
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.