Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Scottsdale (AZ) Officials Want $130,000 More to Fight Satanists Over Invocations | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The city of Scottsdale, Arizona wants even more taxpayer money — to the tune of $130,000 — in order to block Satanists from being able to deliver an invocation before city council meetings.

According to a paywalled article at the Arizona Republic, the city council plans to vote this week in favor of spending another $130,000 to fight the Satanists in court. That’s in addition to the $46,093 they’ve already spent on legal representation so far.

snytiger6 9 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't give a fuck about any group that believes in fictional characters.

I wish them luck as how they treat the Satanists they have to also treat the Christians. I am sure that will be fun.

Long live the Satanic Temple.

BDair Level 8 Dec 1, 2020

I have a perfect solution. Nobody of any persuasion is to deliver an invocation before the city council meetings. Problem solved. Money saved.

They will lose in court. This is a waste of money for their religious freedom.

they need to spend money where it counts like to help the homeless and the hungry.

Yea imagine that??!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.