Agnostic.com

5 4

Just made contact with a friend, godbotherer, I haven't seen in a few years. She tells me that the covid response in aussie is just an opportunity for the gov't to push their agenda of making people get vaccinated. Funny how fast my feelings can go from friendship to contempt. Is it just me?

Cyklone 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not just you. A few years ago, I was talking with a friend from Alabama and the topic of slavery came up (in the context of the display of the confederate flag and all of that), and she started telling me that the Civil War wasn't about slavery, that slavery wasn't a bad thing, that it was actually good because it was an educational system, and on and on. She acted like she was schooling me, so I dug up a bunch of information, including some states' sedition letters declaring secession from the Union and specifically listing slavery as the primary reason, and I supplied the text from laws that prohibited the education of slaves (with penalties up to and including death for the slave and corporal punishment for anyone caught teaching slaves to read, etc.). We haven't spoken since. I can't bring myself to communicate with someone so willfully ignorant. I guess I don't really have contempt for her so much as disappointment (at the time of our conversation) that has gradually faded to indifference.

She needs to pay a visit to the Civil Rights Building in Atlanta and spend some time in there. I've been there in 2016.

@TimeOutForMe I would like to see the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture that opened in DC in 2016. Actually I would like everyone to see it.

She must've been one of those who listened to the Orange man's 46min speech yesterday and was most probably gullible enough to believe every word that spilt out of his mouth. The first couple of minutes he read from a prepared speech for him and then his usual crap talk for the rest of that time.

@LovinLarge I've been to the Smithsonian Museum and a few others in Washington DC in 1997. ...you must be talking about a revamped one then?

@TimeOutForMe Yes, I think that's right.

[washington.org]

@TimeOutForMe Imagine the psyche of someone willing to throw the whole country under the bus for his sole personal gain. I'm not sure there is anything he won't stoop to and that is profoundly troubling.

@LovinLarge He is insanely deranged. ...from there he needed to be transferred to a mental institution.
He's talking to his audience only. His speech encourages violence. I think he wants a riot or uprising over him like a reality show.

@LovinLarge Thanks for the attachment 👍

Contempt was what I felt as the initial reaction but now that I've wound down a bit I think you're right about the disappointment, but also with a bit of anger thrown in. Thanks

I have no patience for people who chose bullshit over objective truth.

I will admit that the older I get, the less tolerance I have for stupidity and right now I am bordering on none.

I'm having the same problem. I just don't have time for it

Nope - definitely not just you ...

I just left the hospital. I was seeing patients in an ER so full that I would have to go find them in the lobby, grab any spare space to do my history and physical exam, and then put them back in the lobby while the hospital tries to find them a bed. I was literally having to make people with IVs hanging out of their arms sit in the lobby. Fuck this noise.

I can hardly wait until the vaccine is available to all you heroes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.