Agnostic.com

1 0

Re-worked my Anti-Tomcat pissing formula last Tuesday using both advice and a formula gained from a retire Vet.
I now use a mixture that contains,
60% White Vinegar,
20% Lemon juice,
10% water and,
10% saline solution.
According to the Vet, this mix is an excellent remedy since the vinegar is both harmless to the cat yet give it an incentive NOT to return for a second dose, the lemon juice adds in just a little stinging sensation but is also harmless, the water dilutes the solution to make it easier for the sprays to squirt it and the saline solution,when licked off by the offending cat/s temporarily 'alters' their sense of smell and taste.
Plus this solution is by far much cheaper to buy and use.

Triphid 9 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use a .177 calbre air powered slug travelling at 300 metres per second. Far less preparation involved. 😁

I would as well, but it's illegal to own and use one in town these days unfortunately.
If it weren't I'd be doing something about those 'feathered rats' as well as the stray cats.
But my spray worked well about 1.30am this morning, score now stands at Sprays-2, Tomcats- full bladders.

@Triphid the major advantage of an airgun is that it makes less noise than a door banging shut and just hitting near the cat is enough to discourage them 🙂

@Cyklone Oh yeah had a nice one back in the 70's, a German made one with a cylinder to hold air compressed by pumping a lever under the stock.
You could regulate the pressure used for each shot, maximum pressure could send the .177 LEAD slug through a corrugated iron water tank with ease.
It cost me $80.00 and I think the brand was either Erma or Irma.
No breaking it at breach either, a kind of bolt action instead.

@Triphid Nice. Mine uses a compressed air cylinder I fill from a dive tank.

@Cyklone 50 easy pumps of the lever and the tank was full, it had a switch valve on the side so you select and set the firing pressure as well.
No joke here either, but I could kill a fox, rabbit or feral cat at 30 yards using it.

@Triphid nice 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557951
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.