Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK No-kill, lab-grown meat to go on sale for first time | Meat industry | The Guardian

Cultured meat, produced in bioreactors without the slaughter of an animal, has been approved for sale by a regulatory authority for the first time. The development has been hailed as a landmark moment across the meat industry.

The “chicken bites”, produced by the US company Eat Just, have passed a safety review by the Singapore Food Agency and the approval could open the door to a future when all meat is produced without the killing of livestock, the company said.

snytiger6 9 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have heard to environmental cost is Far higher than for real food production. Plus the vegan stuff I have seen is Far higher in salt, generally speaking.

Ask a farmer how they feel about that!

Are they really identical to actual meat?

I don't think so, but that doesn't bother me. I would love to have a no kill meat alternative.

@Joanne I'd have to look at nutritional information.

@barjoe Sure. But I think it stated that it provides animal protein as it is meat--jut lab grown. I suppose much like a lab grown gem stone is the chemically the same as a natural stone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.