Agnostic.com

33 3

Cartoons!!!

Ok so im only slightly old school. I like a lot of cartoons either from now, or still around now, but I love some older stuff as well. I know im not quite as wisened as some of you, lol, but I do remember thunder cats, captian planet, old school looney toons, transformers, and a bit later, some stuff like beast wars. anyone else have an older or obscure cartoon that takes them back to another time?

Byrd 7 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not quiet old school but old enough that kids today don’t quiet know it, Courage the Cowardly Dog was my favorite. As far as older school, I would go with Scooby Doo.

my 15 year old son and i watch courage! i love that poor doggo

Tom and jerry by Fred Quimby is the best I think

Being wisened, I really enjoyed sharing older cartoons, and Speed Racer and Tenessee Tuxedo specifically, with my son. In fact, he is the only child that understands older tech in some classes (copper wire line, rotary phones, cloud seeding, rocketry, etc ...) because of TT! Niches really well now that he's all things technology, since he usually researches topics of interest back to invention.

In the other direction there are some incredible anime series out there. Wonderful art, awesome soundtracks, strong stories, great characters. Some of this stuff is as impressive as feature films. Really something for everybody, and worth a look if you like scifi and animation but wrote it off as kids stuff.

Ah speed racer that brings back memories.

@Fulishsage Speed racer, fasted dialogue ever.

felix the cat...tom & jerry...i remember the banana splits.. it was a show that had like 7 different shows in itself.. not cartoons but they had sid & marty, and some more i forgot.
used to always watch battle of the planets g-force

The two regular feature cartoons in the Banana were "The Arabian Knights" and "The Three Musketeers" both made by Hanna Barbera

I also liked Count Duckula from the late 1980's.

Mighty Max from the early 1990's, based off of the toys.

Herculoids, Thundar the Barbarian, Johnny Quest, Voltron, Robotech. Dammit, I miss cel animation.

Ren&Stimpy show.

@SpikeTalon wasn't this on nickalodean? did i spell that terribly wrong? i didn't get that where i grew up, but mu cousins did. i loved ren and stimpy, and beavis and butthead

@Byrd It sure was.

Dark wing duck

ah! I forgot about this! and it made me think of tailspin and ducktales, thank you!

@Byrd there was another one about that time. Something with a long tail, can't remember the name.

@Fulishsage Bonkers, I think. uUnless you're thinking of the really long tailed critter from Raw Toonage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.