Agnostic.com

79 4

Famous person?

Who is the most famous person you've ever met face to face? Ive been to MANY sci_fi, comic, and fantasy cons and met tons of famous people. Who's your big meet?

jamessmithwick 6 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

79 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

John Elway, former Broncos quarterback. We saw him in Idaho and he graciously took a picture with my daughter.

Princess Anne when she visited our factory after we were awarded the Queens Award for Export .
Don't class it as a big meet though .

I was almost going to say I've met zero famous people. But that's not true.

Bill Kurtis - American journalist and crime documentary host - came to my lab once with his film crew. He needed a laboratory to film a part of his Cold Case Files episode on Cold Case Files - the one about the Zodiac Killer. Having been in forensics myself in DNA analysis in my previous job, of course I found this to be quite exciting.

He was there for better part of the day and we got to talk to him before and after. It was really cool.

The footage ended up being maybe a minute long. He was reading a new letter that had been recently discovered.

Ron Paul I guess, pretty well known congressman from Texas.

Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead came to my window when I was a bank teller. At the time I wasn't familiar with who he was. I also helped CA Senator Barbara Boxer twice, one at the bank and once as a customer at Crate & Barrel where I worked at that time.

Troy Baker, Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Bill Murray, Harrison Ford, Zak Bagans, Vic Mignogna, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Avenged Sevenfold, three days grace ....all except troy and vic and the bands outside of pay to meets (conventions, signings, concerts, etc)

Harrison Ford visits wichita often and bill murray's brother lives in my work town and bill loves our golf course lol met Tom and Elizabeth on the set of 'I saw the light' in Shreveport, and Zak was doing filming in KC so I drove up and hung out

Not to brag but I also met Cinderella at Disney World

I almost ran over Anthony Hopkins in a store. Came around the corner and plowed right into him. He was really nice considering.

Mario Lemieux and Ron Francis. Well, I saw them.

Most famous = I once found myself wandering around an art gallery next to Paul McCartney

Most bragged about = Tom Rowlands from The Chemical Brothers used to be a drinking buddy down my local pub

Most 'wow' moment = getting to shake the hand of my guitar hero, Ian McNabb

Most famous actual friend = the drummer from Toploader ("who?" ?)

Having spent most of my life working in motion pictures and music businesses actors and musicians are just workers like the rest of us. More significant is my encounter with HM Queen Elizabeth II not long after her Coronation in 1953. Our infant school lined us kids up outside the school and gave us a flag to wave as her Majesty passed by on a tour of South London. Being a bolshie little chap I thew my flag at her in disgust.

Alice Cooper, and Billy Gibbons.....

Toss-up? President Gerald Ford or Bob Hope - both a number of times.

How do I choose? The perfection of a sunny day when I met Barack O'bama? When my hat blew off and he chased it and brought it back to me, set it on my head and smiled, "Here's your hat back." Or the goulish day I had cocktails with Suze Randall and Larry Flynt at the Beverly Hills Hotel? Oh yes, and the night Suze invited me to the Playboy Mansion...and you guessed it! All right, there's more...! I worked with Michelle Richard the famous French Chef in Beverly Hills, and I danced with a General after a Military parade.(cannot reveal his name)...One of my most thrilling was bumping into Joel Grey walking into Warner Brothers film lot. He actually stopped and we had a conversation without me once bringing up Caberet! Just recalled I met Bill Clinton and Hillary in Arkansas where I was campaigning. And I almost cried when I met Joshua Redman at the Daisy in Memphis!

David Copperfield, Stephen King, John Candy. Three of the top of my head.

Stephen King was the keynote speaker at my college commencement ceremony.

@cvccosplay That is pretty awesome. I was at a signing/Q&A and had him sign the book I was reading at the time. "Pet Sematary"

Lionel Messi

Formerly a newspaper reporter and I've met a bunch of celebrities (Marlo Thomas, Arnold, The Guess Who, Jimmy Buffett, a few senator and congressmen). I met Carroll O'Connor in a convenience store. He was buying film for his camera. He was very polite and gracious to everyone there.

Once a friend of mine visited me. When I came back form work he told me he'd gone to the state capitol and met the governor. I told him I've met the governor a few times. I ran into him periodically at the pet store.

I forgot to say that I've met Betty White so many times I can't count them. She's an enormous resource/fan of the zoo where I volunteer and SHE IS EXACTLY WHO YOU THINK SHE IS! Funny, naughty, quick and clever.

Ooo - this is a fun questions!
Let's see... I guess I've met a few famous people, but it depends on your definition of famous...
I've met a bunch of folks from the show Supernatural.
(not sure you want the full list for these...)
I've met a bunch of Captains & crew from the show Deadliest Catch.
Met a few of the guys from Sons of Anarchy.
Went to a movie with our Prime Minister - Stephen Harper (and his entourage)
Most recently Roberta Bonder. (Astronaut)
Have pictures (and or autographs) with most of these folks.
I guess I've met a few locally famous folks too - went to school with some of them - freaks me out a bit when they pop up on the TV screen - almost ruins the 'mood'. Hey, I know that guy... There may be more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Did you meet any of the Camera Crew? I have friend, Jamie Holland that films the show.

@GrassBlade I would ask Camera Crew from what show, I'm guessing Deadliest Catch... and I don't remember meeting a Jamie Holland.
But also, I don't think I've met any camera guys.

Interviewed Hillary Clinton in 1992. Have met now Energy Sec. Rick Perry. Anne Richards. Ted Neeley (jesus in JCS, the movie). Gary Hart. Several U.S. Reps. Hmmmm. I think that's it.

Gary Hart pre or post scandal?

@Ohioexpastor Hmmmm. I know it was 1984, but I don't remember when the Donna Rice stuff broke. He was still in the race. Had to be the spring.

Edward Teller. My step-dad studied and worked with him, for a time. We were invited to a dinner in Dr. Teller's honor many years later.
It felt like a tremendous honor and privilege to speak with a man my wonderful step-dad admired so greatly. I was just a kid, but was sat right next to him. We discussed heaven knows what, but even at that age it felt a little like my random kid thoughts were wasting his time. Though he was very nice and did nothing to make me feel that way.

Wow, what an explosive character to meet!

Tony LaRussa (Oakland A's) - bumped in to him at the Oakland Ballet. I think it was an ARF charity event. Phil Keaggy (instrumental and Christian guitarist/song-writer) - met him after a two different shows. I was buddies with an ex-road manager of his, thus the invites. He's a genuinely nice, humble guy. One of the greatest guitarists in the world too. Hopefully he'll get free of religion some day and write some songs I can get in to lyrically! Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan from Forest Gump) - met him at a USO meet and greet for troops in the Middle East. He sincerely loves troops and devotes a LOT of his time to morale. That's all that comes to mind.

It usually happens when I'm just walking around minding my own business & so are they. I never recognise them but realise I know their face, so usually I mumble "Oh hi - how are you?" Or something similar, thinking it would rude not to. This has happened with Yoko Ono in Brussels, Zoe Ball in a lift at Heathrow Airport, & Ross Kemp in Cairns, etc. They generally smile & we have a bit of a conversation. I then realise who they are & scuttle off. I would never go and specifically try to meet a "celebrity" - no interest at all!

No one that I can think of, but then I am not inclined or interested. They might be Famous or infamous depending on your outlook, not so ?

I don't consider my fellow humans in those terms. I just admire some peoples work, be they an actor, musician, artist or care worker.

I’ve met Dolph Ziggler (WWE Star), TC Carson (Videogame Voice Actor best know for his role as Kratos), I’ve met the band members of Saliva and Puddle of Mud, and I’ve met Andy McNamara (Editor In Chief Of Game Informer magazine).

I mean, I’ve met a few others but these are the more famous ones off the top of my head.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.