Agnostic.com

8 8

A Small Minnesota Town Voted to Approve the Permit for a Whites-Only Church

[friendlyatheist.patheos.com]

xenoview 8 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although they are free to do so, it doesn't make sense today. That's backwards and discriminatory.

And? They have every right to do so. First Amendment protects this church

This used to be the case in South Africa. USA going backwards - race hatred!
These die-hard xtian Rightwinger white groups don't focus on heaven at all. The bible tells them heaven is for all gods people regardless of race - no separate heaven for black or mixed race xtians. ...so I don't understand why they want to go to their own (white) church when their main aim is to go to (a mixed race) heaven.

Minnesotan here, much of outstate MN (outside of Minneapolis/st. Paul) is fairly conservative. While rural farmers used to be DFL, they have become more republican in the last several years. I think a lot has to do with fear of diversity. This has traditionally been a very German/Scandinavian state. My hometown of approximately 2,000 had 2 “ethnicities,” Catholics and Lutherans. To this day, Catholics will only shop at local stores owned by Catholics. I think the Lutherans are less strict but everyone still knows who belongs to what church.

That being said, according to the article, the board members didn’t want the church there, but legally they didn’t have a choice.

To be honest about it I really can't say that I'm surprised. Woo f** woo. 🤮

I hope someone sues the piss out of them.

Leelu Level 7 Dec 11, 2020

Maybe they should move to europe and get in touch with their ancestery.

Par for the course in a country where 73 million people think Trump is a good president. We're fucked. Get ready for either a civil war or an authoritarian government.

@JeffMurray
...but like I've mentioned above
"...so I don't understand why they want to go to their own (white) church when their main aim is to go to (a mixed race) heaven".

@TimeOutForMe They made Jesus white, you don't think they think heaven is too?

@JeffMurray
...they made his portrait or pics white/er as the years went by.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559964
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.