Agnostic.com

2 0

Ivermectin
Looks like the big pharma is not too keen on allowing re purposing an FDA approved drug for COVID-19 treatment.

Spongebob 7 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Off label use of existing drugs that have exceeded patent limits don't make them a lot of money. Trump touted HCQ and that didn't make any sense, even using DOA to purchase millions of doses. I haven't figured that one out.

Ivermectin is what I give my dogs for HEARTWORM prevention. Plus I can't help but notice you get your "news" from Faux.......

You know better than this doctor? I don't know anything about ivermectin but when a doctor who is publishing peer reviewed research is politicized, it is bad. He is asking that his research be reviewed.

I get my news from the internet. This link was shared with me by a friend.

@Spongebob if its on Fox "news" there's no reason to assume that guy is a real doctor.

@BitFlipper he was on a senate hearing

@Spongebob oh, I am so sorry to hear you don't have Google.....

@AnneWimsey No need for such snide comments.
Google scholar is better than google for peer reviewed research. Sort by date to get the most current research.
[scholar.google.com]

It is being used in many countries as a prophylaxis drug (South American countries, India, Bangladesh...). It supposedly inhibits the entry of viral DNA into cell nucleus and thereby inhibits the viral replication.

@Spongebob "prophylaxis"...... yes it prevents parasitic infections such as heartworm. Had heartworm, have you?

I give up

@Spongebob and now spend your time learning about what you bought wholesale from a snake oil salesman & tried to foist on us us, which was not very nice of you..."I don't know anything about ivermectic" but we should all just take it is EXACTLY like what Trump said about disinfectant. Shame on you!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.