Agnostic.com

3 5

A very interesting point.

Zoltans_Queen 6 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Got to make sure that legalized bribery keeps up with inflation. Anything else is not important to the system.

I didn't know this. It is an interesting point.

But what’s called American democracy is actually American oligarchy.

That’s a very few ruling very many. Nationally, 536 rule about 330 million.

It's true that America is an oligarchy, but not because it's 536 ruling 330 million, that's representative democracy. It's an oligarchy because those representatives are controlled by a small group of wealthy elites.

@RoboGraham I WROTE 536 rule 330 million. You READ something else.

@yvilletom 536 elected officials ruling 330 million people, that's representative government.

@Zoltans_Queen Ruling is not representing. They represent their donors, especially their major donors.

@yvilletom

That's what I said. The representatives are controlled by a small wealthy elite and it's they who are the oligarchy.

@yvilletom

Right, the representatives of the people actually represent their rich donors of the 1% and they rule the country.

So it's an oligarchy masquerading as a representative democracy.

@yvilletom You're right. The vast majority of them are millionaires, all of them with the best insurance, healthcare and pensions of any Americans who are not part of the oligarchy. Those things by themselves make them completely out of touch, with a few exceptions, from normal Americans who have to worry about paying the bills, getting evicted, etc. Then, when you add to it the fact that almost all of them take PAC money and sell themselves to big donors, almost none of them really represent the peasants and actually care about serving their interests.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.