Agnostic.com

27 12

If there were an atheist church (for lack of a better word) where the speaker holds up a bible and shouts about it being bullshit and loudly reads from it, pointing out its errors and inconsistencies and basically behaved with all the overblown histrionics of a Xian leader exactly like an evangelical minister does bu to denounce religion rather than promote it -- would you attend a service like that even if only out of curiosity?

I'm wondering if such a thing would find a receptive audience of heathens by emulating the sense of community that religion offers without all the Bronze Age superstition and magical deity crapola.

Because I'd go to check it out. Sounds like a hoot. I might even drop $5 in the plate or the box or however they'd collect donations.

Now, if such a thing existed, how long do you think it would take for some follower of Christ to go in and shoot up the place?

Sgt_Spanky 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In today’s environment.........I’d give it about 2 months.

I would never waste my time with it though.

Perhaps this Bible?

Admin Level 9 Dec 15, 2020

I'm a writer. I'd write our own bible. It'd be full of lots of vague predictions, questionable morality, weird characters, freaky sex and a few fart jokes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.