Agnostic.com

2 9

This morning I got the immuno therapy drugs casirivimab and imdevimab by Regernon, delivered by IV infusion. It seems to be already helping a lot. My fever, which had been mostly mild, seems to be gone. My nausea was already getting better starting yesterday and even more so today, before and after the infusion. My one concern is two things in the handout they gave me at the infusion center, which says this drug treatment may affect me later if I get infected with Covid again or take a vaccine for it later on. It says that the drugs may later affect my body's ability to fight off a Covid infection and also may reduce my body's response in the future to taking a Covid vaccine.

Appears I may have unknowingly made a choice between getting better sooner and not getting worse this time, and worrying later about getting Covid again and if a vaccine will protect me. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I guess I should be more concerned with getting thru Covid safely with this episode. The nurse who infused me said that she had already had Covid and she is not getting a vaccine.

TomMcGiverin 8 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad you are better stay safe Tom

Sorry to hear you have Covid. Did they trace where it derived from?

No and I'll probably never find out. My best guess is a woman I shared an exercise room with on Sat. afternoon for about 20 min. without either of us wearing masks. I started feeling sick around noon the next day. Some people tell me that's too soon for the exposure to have been on Sat., some say it isn't. It really doesn't matter as I don't know the identity of the woman so I can't contact her to find out if she had Covid or has gotten sick.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.