Agnostic.com

9 12

LINK Nebraska Governor Who Downplayed COVID Proclaims “Day of Prayer” to Beat COVID | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, a Republican who issued a proclamation last year calling on everyone in the state to “give thanks for God’s gift of Jesus Christ,” has shoved his religion in everyone’s faces yet again with a proclamation declaring Sunday a “Day of Prayer” for “relief from the pandemic.”

snytiger6 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

IOW, it's like the Republican response to gun violence. Get on your knees and mumble to make yourself feel good about being treated like your life doesn't matter instead of doing something about it.

Part of the idiotic Ricketts family, led by the racist jerk, and the family also owns the Chicago Flubs.

Yeah and like that's going to work, better off wishing in one hand and shitting in the other imo, at least HE MIGHT realize at last which one fills first.

Covid-19 is bringing out all the raving lunatics from the woodwork.

Where oh where are the squirrels when you truly need them?

A governor’s job is presumably to...govern. There might be more effective methods available. Things like policies, laws, empowering governmental agencies. Maybe he ought to pray for the wisdom to know how to do his damn job.

Apparently he has a lot of wealth (He’s one of the richest in America) but not much of any sense.

In other words, lots of cents but no sense.

That is my idiot governor. 😡😡

Ohub Level 7 Dec 19, 2020

Certainly a dingleberry.

Glad I don't live in nebraska. Faithfools say some stupid stuff. I bet he would run to the hospital if he got covid.

Religion has no place in government. Keep it in the little prayer shacks...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.