Agnostic.com

12 16

Christmas canceled because a guest had COVID-19. Claire saved the day.

My girl Claire just called crying. She is canceling coming for Christmas because her father carelessly, selfishly had his annual Christmas artist gathering in his house. Covidiot.

Terry served food. Of course people removed their masks to eat.

"They were all old guys," Terry said, as if that explains his behavior. One of the guests was diagnosed with COVID.

"It's too early for you to take the COVID test," a nurse said when Terry called.

"Why did Dad do this so close to Christmas?" Claire asked. "I feel heartbroken."

My home is decorated. Homemade stockings are filled. Gifts are wrapped. I'll roll with it. I don't hold a grudge. It's safer for me to have Christmas alone.

UPDATE: Claire saved the day!

Claire is a great negotiator. "I talked to Dad," she said. "He feels terrible."

"Dad will stay at Sondra's house (his girlfriend)," she explained. "We will stay at Dad's house without him. We will see you on Christmas Eve morning like we planned."

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know you adapt well, but I do believe it has to hurt some. I’m sorry to hear that. Let’s all keep in touch Christmas Day

That really is a selfish thing to do. I don't blame Claire at all for being upset.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 19, 2020

Hope all goes well.

And you prepared with so much emotion. I'm sorry for this disappointed. I'll be here all alone, like usual.

@Mitch07102, @Larimar, @HippieChick58, @RoyMillar, @DenoPenno, @ADKSparky, @dalefvictor, @dermot235, @RichCC, @altschmerz, @Lauren, @FernApple, @BudFrank, @BitFlipper, @phoenixone1, @Deb57, @Lorajay, @dalefvictor

UPDATE:

Claire is a great negotiator. "I talked to Dad," she said. "He feels terrible."

"Dad will stay at Sondra's house (his girlfriend)," she explained. "We will stay at Dad's house without him. We will see you on Christmas Eve morning like we planned."

That's great news!

@BitFlipper

I feel relieved and happy. Good job, Claire!

Hope Terry and Sondra do not get COVID-19.

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad that it's all worked out in the end. Even though you were being very gracious, it's nice that you don't have to have your plans disrupted.

They're going to disinfect it?? Or has he been staying with Sondra to begin with? Just wanting everyone to be safe. Glad you get to see them!!

You are not alone. You have you, and that giant, beautiful brain of yours. And all of us. Enjoy.

@Mitch07102

Thank you, Mitch! I appreciate you.

do a gathering when you can. It's still a joyous occasion whenever you do it. I think you're all doing the best thing you can and I know it had to be hard for your daughter but it's to protect you!

I prefer calling it Yule here for my group. It's not so tied to religion that way. I'll make stockings for the non children members next year, I just wasn't up to it this year. I worked two jobs over half the time since March. It's been nice to do things that I wanted to do as gifts or for myself.

Christmas is an arbitrary date on the calendar. Have your christmas with Claire when she is clear and it is safe to do so.

Agreed ,It still will be a happy time

She is making a wise decision ,You have taught her well

So sad for her, feel for her sorrow ,One persons interest destroys anothers Joy

Fill the stockings anyway and just wait it out. This puts the event a few days later and is about the best you can do.

Too many Covidiots out there

Agreed

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.