Agnostic.com

6 3

Secular "Values Voters"-
[theconversation.com]

BirdMan1 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A pretty good article with lots of good info, but I’m not sure about the whole concept of “values,” which often are more like beliefs untethered to our ever-changing realities. I vote according to my interests and ethics.

Encouraging article.

When "values voters" was first coined to refer to religious voters, the implication that values were somehow unique to them was utterly ridiculous. There are values and there are values.

I think people underestimate the power of indoctrination. People will self-harm because of religion and actually feel better about themselves. It can be hard to shake a pattern of self-rejection.

I recommend this newsletter. You can subscribe free.

The rise of the "nones" will only happen when people stop mixing religion and politics.

Apparently it is going, even as we write, and may further the end of that mixing.

And we are a growing trend all over the world, hurray.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562491
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.