Agnostic.com

11 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately, evolution is also responsible for numbskulls like this guy. Although, it is sometimes able to weed them out but not fast enough to keep them from reproducing.

I think the funniest thing about his argument is telling us “to think about it”and saying “don’t just parrot it”. He is actually using reverse logic...because it is we who have thought about it and found no scientific proof for god but much to back up evolution. His proof is the same argument that uses scripture as evidence for proof of his god’s existence....because it exists is not evidence of it being true.

Exactly!

Ohferpetessake, somebody dumber than drump........

I love it when the idiot brigade rides abroad.

And you post that load of crap here for what purpose?

@Hages like nobody here knows this, Sherlock.

It's neither proof for or against the existence of god. It simply IS.
As an agnostic, I keep an open mind, but 'proof' is not available. We just don't know.
However, life is a pretty amazing thing.

Proof not available? More crap posted by wishy washy "new theists." Just do some basic research on google for tons of the shit you say is not available. I call bullshit.

I assume you mean evolution is not proof for or against the existence of god. I agree with that.

@Mofo1953 There's plenty of evidence tending toward things such as reincarnation, for instance, or psychism, but that's not 'proof' of that or 'god' or anything else. But if we change our definitions, it might be, and if we don't, then what is the source of these phenomena? It's possible to give these things credence without ascribing them to a creator, regardless.
Is that 'wishy washy,' or just the kind of question an agnostic might ask, and to which an atheist reacts violently?
Another 'proof' there's a BIG difference between the two schools of thought, and another reason I wish some people would stop trying to equate the two as simply differences on some kind of scale between theists and atheists. Agnosticism belongs in it's own separate category, in my opinion.

@nicestuff Exactly. NOTHING short of a divine visitation is a proof of the existence of 'god.' ANY 'supernatural' phenomenon can be attributed to a purely physical source, just perhaps one we simply don't yet understand.
(Even a 'divine visitation' might really be one by an extraterrestial alien, for that matter.)

@Storm1752 post just one piece of your so called plenty evidence. I don't see any violent reaction from non believers anywhere, so much for your proofs of nothing really. Your opinion is just that and nothing more than your opinion. There's nothing to change because there is certainly a big difference between not believing in made up things and not being sure that made up things are or are not made up. Which is the true definition of a wishy washy belief system.

@Mofo1953 YOURS is a violent reaction.
You can Google the extensive studies done at the University of Virginia by Dr. Ian Stevenson, Dr. Jim Tucker, and others.
Psychism? Edgar Cayce is one psychic studied exhaustively.
Crop Circles: despite the debunking, many cannot be easily dismissed as two men with a rake, board, and plywood.
There are many other examples of unexplained phenomena.
These are not 'proofs' of the existence of 'god,' but they are SOMETHING. To reflexively dismiss all of it as "crap" constitutes a violent reaction, especially when such dismissals are accompanied by crude, rude, sarcastic (etc.) ad hominem attacks. In my opinion.

@Storm1752 your opinion is meaningless.

@Mofo1953 I disagree.

@Storm1752 figures.

Who in the hell said that???? It is sheer idiocy.

which one of the gods is this evidence of again ?

Leetx Level 7 Dec 23, 2020

Oh, give me a fuckin' break!

What if religion is a political movement?

It gets mixed in all the time with it.

It is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563078
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.