Agnostic.com

13 8

So after being reminded of the meaning of life, the universe and everything I came across these, from 4,000 years ago.

The 42 Principles of Egyptian Goddess Maat, which I thought were quite interesting 🙂

[damienmarieathope.com]

girlwithsmiles 8 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Adams:
"The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do' I typed it out. End of story."

Adams described his choice as "a completely ordinary number, a number not just divisible by two but also six and seven. In fact it's the sort of number that you could without any fear introduce to your parents."
Wikipedia

Yes, and this is simply extending the joke Hal.

@girlwithsmiles Well played, Karen.

How does one steal from god?
By making up a false religion? If so, which of the thousands of religions is the true one?
If it means something else, what?

Who knows? Obviously that got cut from the ones that Moses brought down from the mountain 🙂

@girlwithsmiles Oh yeah, right, THOSE ridiculous stone tablets. Whatever happened to them, anyway? (Maybe Noah brought them with him and all those animals on the 'Ark.'😉

@Storm1752 Moses on the Ark, my favorite story.

@GeorgeRocheleau It IS a riot, isn't it?

Oh dear dear dearie me Maat's chariot has fallen in the first lap round the pyramids.
7. I have not stolen from God/Goddess.
38. I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.

There are introductions to a wealth of different links of interest from this link wowww.

Thank you for posting this interesting link.

Snore!

They stole some from Greek, some from Egypt and who knows from what other mythologies.

Well, Christmas and Easter coincide with some older European/ British festivals. But that got bastardised into their religion during their converting us.
This predates and so shows plagiarism too!

Like a recipe for a boring life....

I could be in some trouble, however, they do seem to double dip a few times and the definition is a little fuzzy on a few (define with out reason)

I’m sure their version of religious leaders told people what to think still 😉

Sorry to say but I am guilty of quite a few of those.

Were you guilty of any fun ones, or just boring ones?

Me too 😉

@GeorgeRocheleau I am not telling.

Yeah, the 42 stands to reason. 😁

See?
The answer is always 42.

😁

We always knew that was the answer. We are still trying to figure out the question.

Interesting that you posted this at this time, since I just finished watching a documentary about The Rules of Ma'at and the Ancient Egyptian Judgment of the Soul after death.
Ma'at was a Elemental, depicted by the "Feather of Truth" and known as being the Source of Universal Peace and Harmony.
Recent archaelogical researches have found evidence that the actual culture of Ancient Egypt dates back much further than we are being lead to believe.
Possibly and probably some 6-10 thousand years earlier.
The concept of Ma'at, so it seems, was the basis of Egyptian Culture and Law long before the earliest of tombs ( Mastabahs) were ever built, it survived virtually un touched and unaltered until the Priests of Amun, later to become the Priests of Amun-Ra, rose to power and invented 'Concessions' as to how to 'beat' the weighing of the heart against the Feather of Ma'at by selling shabbti, ( clay or wooden figurines) to take the place of the souls that were found 'wanting' and were not permitted to enter the After-life.
To my mind it all correlates in some ways with the later 'Concessions' and the biblical Commandements as per the falsehood purveyed by the early Christians and the Catholic Church they helped to found.

In my 20s someone told me that the bible was copied from Egyptian writing and other ancient mythologies. I couldn't look it up on Internet or Google because we had no access to such at the time. In any event I always refered to the bible as new crap. ...then get called out by @bbyrd009 yesterday for saying it's exactly that, new crap. The bible is a collection of ancient myths. Hindus too, worshipp stone and sun and goddesses and have daily rituals from the time you are born to the day you die. xtianity took it to the extreme with "heaven and hell" to set the fear path for humanity and started the conversion process from slaves upward to make it the biggest LIE (their truth) on this planet.

@TimeOutForMe well, but the Bible plainly says No one has ever gone up to heaven, and "hell" as we understand it does not exist, not anywhere, in the Bible, all go to the same place. There is Gehenna, which our norse/angle scribes have translated as "hell," but then we are warned about scribes in there too. Gehenna is on earth! And Tartarus is not for ppl

so, i'm not disagreeing with you @ "believers," but may i suggest that they pretty much hate the Bible even more than you do lol

@TimeOutForMe may i suggest that the Bible itself tells us that Christians are off, the way is narrow, and few there are who find it but there are millions or billions of "Christians," right
The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it. the point here being the "forcing" part. They only fool themselves, and look their "churches" are melting as we speak lol

@Triphid interesting! Christians mostly believe that they "have" a soul too, i guess. But that is not what the Bible says

@TimeOutForMe "then get called out by @bbyrd009 yesterday for saying it's exactly that, new crap" ha c'mon bro, i dint call you out lol, i said i didnt get it? And fwiw yes, i agree, virtually all lifted from other mythologies, or at least the best parts of them. As it even admits btw, Apollos waters, etc

@bbyrd009 It might do well to remember that when Champillion decoded the Rosetta Stone the Catholic Church threatened him and his family with Excommunication should he mention anything other the Ancient Egyptians being a Pagan Peoples with a Pagan Religion.
Ever since then the 'views' of Ancient Egypt have been discoloured and warped by IMPOSED Christian religious connotations.
Hence forth we see that numerous, almost countless Archaeologists have depicted almost every find/finding as being having some sort or another of a religious rite/ritual/meaning.
For example, For decades they have stated that Stonehenge was created/built as quasi-religious structure that contained an altar for PAGAN style human sacrifices, now there are those who are not only disagreeing BUT are finding solid evidences that those 'conceptualisations are completely wrong but it was built as both an Astronomical Observatory and a Meeting place for the Stone Age Tribes as well as Burial place for Tribal Leaders and Warriors of note as well.
Numerous Archaeologists over the last century also stated that the Pyramids were built solely as tombs for the Kings (Pharaohs) but when the they were opened NEVER was a Mummified body of ANY King ever discovered. The 3 Pyramids of Giza, for example, are NOT decorated in any way at all as are the much later tombs in the Valley of the Kings, so WHY is that?
That also applies to the Pyramids at Saqqarra and elsewhere as well.
When Italian Explorer, Bellisconi, opened up the Great Pyramid at Giza, sadly using gunpowder, it was still sealed solidly and soundly. When he finally managed to reach what is loosely called the 'Kings Chamber' it was completely empty except for the finely carved and shaped Red Marble stone 'Sarcophagus' with NO lid to close it, no remnants of wrappings, no skeletal remains, no signs of fire as used by the tomb robbers elsewhere, etc, etc, just 2 separate narrow shafts pointing, 1 towards the direction where the Sun rose at the Egyptian Summer Solstice and the other towards the 3 stars in the Belt of Constellation known as Orion.
Yes, there MAY have some sorts of religious rites and rituals in Ancient Egypt but they too came at much later times post the building of Pyramids and the like.

@TimeOutForMe It IS more than a mere POSSIBILITY that the bible/Judaic Belief system was 'plagiarised from both the Akhenaton period of Monotheism ( aka mis-named Atonism) and numerous other cultures from the regions around Egypt.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.