Agnostic.com

11 37

It finally happened - a client died in our hands. She was a regular, came every 8 weeks for bath and deshed. She had a massive heart attack While My bather was scrubbing her. We tried CPR and took her to the vet right away. But it was nothing we could had done and it was not our fault. (I guess the best of the worse scenarios)
A beautiful German Shepherd named Vonceil, sweetheart and only 6yo.
We sent cookies to the vet clinic, which was VERY responsive to our call. But for the human client I had something else in mind. I couldn't find anything I cared for so I drew her a pic of a dog like Vonceil.
Later, I decided to stalk the client on fb and found a pic super similar to what I had made posted by mom of Vonceil.
I delivered the drawing, rolled inside a clear box, with a elegant black bow along with a sympathy card from our salon.
I hope she appreciated the little present. Unfortunately we couldn't bring her dog back to life, just a sad, hurtful event. 💕🐾

Zoohome 8 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I run a kennels and cattery and had a few pets die while staying ... been here 19 years, and the average age a dog lives is about 10, so it will happen sometimes. It is never easy.
Owners differ immensely ... most are heartbroken, others want someone to blame, but those who really don't care are, for me, hardest to deal with.

If you work at caring for animals (or people) you have to accept that sooner or later one of them will die. You deal with it as best you can ... for the owner and yourself.

Oh gosh! I am so sorry (for all involved). I know you are heartbroken.

Yes, still makes me cry thinking about her.
She even got a new holiday collar ... 😔

So sad.

My condolences to both her owner for the loss, and to you for the trauma of it happening on 'your watch', as it were.

Thank you.

That's so sad😭 , you did everything you could. Sometimes this happens , nothing you can do. What you did was very touching

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 27, 2020

Yes, she was not even a stressed out or nervous dog. It was the time her heart gave up, unfortunately under our supervision. 😔

I was a vet tech for over 20 years and have seen a lot of fur baby deaths. It’s never easy, especially when you get attached. Your piece of art is beautiful! I hope it brings some comfort to the family. And, some comfort to you as you created it ❤️

Thank you. They become part of our lives taking a piece of our mind and hearts.
Difficult for everyone for sure.

Hello beautiful 🥰, I've been trying to text you directly for a while but all to no avail! you're just too beautiful for me to resist so I had to find any way we could chat so I texted you here,hope you could text me directly....hope you see my comment and hope you don't mind if we chat and get to know each other better!have a nice night 🥰😊

Their hearts can come and go just like ours , fragile lives , no matter what the age and what the strength .
Man , I can imagine how u felt responsible some how or how u felt the sadness . I hope u take a moment to recover and to breathe if possible ♥️
I think what u did for owner is thoughtful and beautiful.
I know they appreciated it .
Pls try to move on , and keep offering care and services to our best friends .
I know if I was at your stare / city , mr Marcello will had be your client . Diego boy not a problem . But mr Marcello is fragile and a drama Queen , and very emotional ( asshole just like mommy ). I don’t trust him w nobody , but I will had trusted him w u .🙌♥️🙌

Thank you my friend! You trusting your babies under my care, means a lot to me.
Mr Marcello is special! 🐾 we love them all, but those are the fun ones, they definitely mark us and when we talk about out little clients, we have those remarkings. Makes them unique. It is interesting, because my groomers have their favorites, it does not mean they are perfect behaved dogs, their favorites are all related to their personality and attitude.

@Zoohome ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Mr Marcello is so bad , that no groomers will take him . He goes to the hospital even for cutting nails .
He gets a xanax and I still have to be there . Every seperation from mommy is the end of the world , I raised a psycho . Going to work every night is a two hr ordeal , every damn day , have to sweet talk to him . It got better the last 6 yrs , but man ! I will had bring him to u , medicated and 100 trusted . I see u here for two yrs , I can tell , u are a genuine brain and emotions humans . Smile and breathe . 🙌♥️🙌

Hello beautiful 🥰, I've been trying to text you directly for a while but all to no avail! you're just too beautiful for me to resist so I had to find any way we could chat so I texted you here,hope you could text me directly....hope you see my comment and hope you don't mind if we chat and get to know each other better!have a nice night 🥰😊

A beautiful gift, I'm sorry both for you and the owner because it was definitely a tragic experience.

Thank you. Yes, she had no closure with her beloved dog.

I'm very sorry--for everyone!

Thank you!! 💕

@Erickshinseki GO AWAY AND DON'T COME BACK!

So sad for all concerned! Such a wonderful idea to help soothe a broken heart! My best to you. 🤗

Thank you! 💕

@Erickshinseki One more of these, SPAMMER.....and you're BANNED.

I feel bad for the client. It's tough to lose a pet.

Very much! Mom was all about her dog. You could see her care and love for Vonceil.

That has to be tough to deal with.

Yes!
I feel bad for my bather specially. He is new to the salon, young widow - wife died of sudden death...
It wasn't his fault, but still difficult to take.
I am relief it was not an accident we provoked. I am still skeptical how smooth the communication with vonceil's owners went.
Hopefully we won't see another situation like this one. 🐾

@Zoohome y skeptical ?

@Pralina1 because we have so many people blaming us for random stuff. This covid has stirred up craziness...
I can tell you so many stupid stuff, easier to blame someone else for their neglect. It was not the case for this client. They knew she might had some residue to a prior condition.
But matted dogs, skins issues, bruises, cuts... you have no idea what we get blamed for...

@Zoohome I can imagine . Wow . People are hideous . If dogs couldn’t talk , if animals could really talk 🙌♥️

@Pralina1 for sure. I truly wish dogs could talk. But some humans would still ignore their call.

Mid of this year, we had a case of the parents asking me to pya for the medical bill of one of their dogs. They claimed my salon neglected to remove a rubber band from around the dogs head, causing to indent in the skin and almost cutting off the left ear. The time they took this dog to the vet, was 3 weeks after their last groom.
I tried to the most polite way explain to them there was no way it would had been us - we do not have elastic bands in the salon, little less use it on a dog as some obscure form of grooming. As covid procedure, we do not provide bows or ties to our clients, but eveb those are not with an elastic band. Imagine a rubber band being encrusted in your skin for 3 weeks? I would think the dog's head would have fallen off by then.
Most likely it was their young daughter and they neglected to noticed, it happened while they were vacationing in their mountain cabin and pretty much ruined their wonderful vacation time in addition to $1k medical bills. So, a lot easier to point fingers on us. They even threatened to go out on social media, but we got the paperwork from the vet, and there was nothing backing up what they invented. So they had no grounds for any accusation. We lost 2 ausie clients and they had to find another salon. Sad but reality.

@Zoohome how stressful and unfair ! Oh I will had be so f mad 🤬🤬🤬. U lost nothing .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.