Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Matt Walsh, Who Doesn’t Get the Nativity Story, Says Jesus Wasn’t a Refugee | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Right-wing blogger Matt Walsh, last seen defending Alabama’s cruel anti-abortion law because it would prove rapes occurred, gleefully illustrated how little he understands about the very book he claims to hold dear.

Responding to the criticism of Republicans’ treatment of refugees by saying Jesus and His family were refugees in their time, Walsh argued that was untrue:

snytiger6 9 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And why should I care about that asshole's beliefs?

It's a shame that us Atheists know that book better than the fools.

Why would we have to be ashamed for knowing better than faithfools?

If memory serves me right, as the fairy tale goes, they were not refugees but by law needed to return to city of birth for a census
I’m sure there are religious scholars on here to correct it, but , what’s the point? If the Easter bunny came from Timbuktu or Cleveland, does it matter?

Well, the fairy tale says that after Jeebus Chrust was born the family escaped to Egypt to avoid Jeebus being killed by Herod the Great, father of the later king Herod Antipas.
And there they remained until Jeebus Chrust was approx. 7-8 years of age before they returned to Galilee.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.