Agnostic.com

7 3

I suffer from Bipolar and it sucks... Anyone else have mental health issues?

NatureRocks88 3 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Clinical depression, which now appears to be resolving after about eight years. Attachment disorder of adulthood, and my grey cell is working its socks off under the guidance of a psychologist - she seems to be being effective where the previous five psychologists have all failed. (Ping @LovinLarge)

So glad your hard work is paying off!

Sir, I suffered mainly from MDD for years, from experience I can tell you that taking medicines would have 1% effect and 99% side effects, and mental therapists are horrible when it comes to treating it.

I would say that it's okay to feel bipolar, just as long as you're the one in control, not your emotions. True friends and physical support (and sexual relationships if possible) can definitely help you feel better and reduce chances of feeling sad again.

We support you, sir!

hugs

I have OCD and mild Tourette's. Most days it doesn't bother me, but when I get anxious it really does.

I also have mild Tourette's, which scares Kate when I jerk and bark.

@dalefvictor Speaking of barking, my dog stares at me when I tic. I wonder what he is thinking. I can suppress my tics around people, but not around the dog, lol!

@Organist1 I can hold onto the tics for a short time but then they have to happen. Where I work everyone knows and they think it is more serious than it is. I usually laugh, then they do, I have told them that it is ok to laugh at me, I do not take myself seriously. I give them a hard time on their stuff.

@dalefvictor They don't know about my Tourette's where I work, but I must admit masks are a plus when you feel the urge to tic!

It is treatable

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 28, 2020

@NatureRocks88

You have my sympathy.

Most people won't talk about their mental health issues on a public forum. That's a deeply personal question.

Everyone has or knows someone who has mental health issues. Please come join our ""Mental Health Support" group.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:564231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.