Agnostic.com

10 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Half the south still thinks they won the Civil War. Heather Cox Richard did a weekly hour long video throughout the pandemic it's on facebook and most are up loaded to youtube - a history of the republican party and she covers the southern ideology really well. I found it very interesting and informative.
Today's chat was really good, she answered viewers questions, spending bill was one of the things she chatted about. All from a history professors perspective.

Had this “conversation” just a few weeks ago. Like the many times I’ve had it, it devolved once I referenced historical facts.

Jest because ah married mah sistuh doesn't make me backward!

Yeppp.......some of those daammnn rednecks!!

Yep. There are a lot of moronic rednecks here in the South. 😟

Maybe it was. So what? It was 200+ years ago. Tires come in one shape and one shape only.. round. Anything else tends to be counterproductive. Societies? Not so much.

If I recall the video clips of the rallies, most of them look round and counterproductive. 🤔🙄

They need to go back to school.

Half of the South is completely and willfully ignorant of the history of our nation, put bluntly. 🤬Arseholes. 😤

True especially the racial history. I’m from Georgia and I know from first hand experience. 4 years ago I left religion and became open minded. I see more and more everyday just how wrong my conservative right wing opinion was. I have to be honest it’s hard to reprogram my mind but I’m working on it everyday

@abyers1970 and I wish you well on your journey

@oldFloyd 90% of the battle is realizing you have a problem and your way of thinking is wrong. Most people don't want to accept it. Most southerners don't believe slavery was that bad and that whites were actually doing them a favor and it was better than where they came from. I've actually seen christian people defend slavery and say it is the will of god and use quotes from the bible to justify it. That's crazy to think that putting people in slavery is doing them a favor but that's the way alot of southerners think and i did too for a long time but now i'm embarassed that i ever thought like that.

This is why there are good parts of the south which are very small in number compared to the ones I refer to as "cousin lovin communes" and I say this as a southerner

Only half? This is the source of all our Theocratic troubles.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:564454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.