Agnostic.com

4 11

A king-sized quilt for my son and daughter-in-law. I swear that I will never make another king!

Gwendolyn2018 9 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is beautiful Gwendolyn, how many hours work did it take?

I did a king size once, that is just too big and bulky to do easily. I've done a few queens, even those are challenging. I don't forsee anything large in the near future, I'm concentrating on smaller pieces now just to use up some of the fabric stash. Your quilt is gorgeous, those colors pop so much and a great bargello pattern. I hope your son and his wife appreciate it.

@Gwendolyn2018 I made a quilt about 10 years ago, it was a generous queen size. It was made for a relationship that I was in that was supposed to be long term. The man was supposed to move to Nebraska, he found all sorts of reasons he couldn't. The quilt ended up in my guest bedroom, and then when I started working from home the desk was put in the guest room and I knew the quilt had to go, so the lap quilt I had started grew into a full size quilt and was put on the bed. The old quilt was sent to some friends who admired it. Throw quilts and lap quilts are very welcome at nursing homes and senior centers. Right now I'm working on small projects, I have made some pot holders and have placemats in process. I'm not planning to start another big project any time soon. And you know what they say about the best laid plans...

Looks great, I am sure it took a lot of yarn and work.

@Gwendolyn2018 Well we both now know my eyesight is poor. That is way more work than I would want to start.

looks great.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565107
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.