Agnostic.com

7 7

2020 kicked me in the derriere one last time before passing into history as my 2004 Pontiac Sunfire died. Rather than having the engine rebuilt, I am looking for a new or slightly used car.

Right now, I am leaning toward a Ford Fusion, but I am interested to hear what people suggest that I avoid buying and what are some success stories. I haven't bought a vehicle (outside of a Chevy S10 from my son) for 15 years.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mom has a 2012 Fusion that I now am taking care of. Nice car and I don’t believe they ever had any issues with it. Dad bought it new and it only has 34k miles.

I drive a Nissan Altima ( 2009) . That thing won’t die even if I kill it , and I drive 3 hrs a day .
Never any problems . Never . All I do is getting tires and typical oil change / checks / minor replacements .
I am going to retire him this year though and keep him as a second car for snow and floading days .
I am not even going to search , I ll go to get his new born cousin , whatever Nissan Altima of 2021 .

My Toyota Tundra is the same way. It has over 170,000 miles and has survived a flood. Oil changes as scheduled and tires. The Japanese build great cars.

@Sticks48 agree . 🙌

I would suggest doing a review at Car and Driver.com before you buy. The Honda Accord is there highest rated for that segment and Fusion was 13th and about in the same price range.

if you want a reasonably priced nice vehicle, look at some lincolns starting at 1998. You can find a really nice comfortable and reliable vehicle.. or mercury of the same look/ type.
And they have big trunks for you quilts...

and safe AND ride sweetly! drove one once, but too much auto for me. lol.

@hankster I haven't had one, but i had a friend that had one, and you get a lot of car for a reasonable price. I'm really looking to get one, and I don't even need another vehicle! A bit of OCB kicking in ! Lol

@Buddha enjoy. big sweet ride.

@Buddha very reasonable for what you get. OCB?

@hankststill trying to talk myself out of another vehicle ! lol

@Buddha friend Who has worked at a Ford dealership for years says that there's no such thing as a good deal on a new car, but that one is as close as you can get.

@Gwendolyn2018 exacty....too much of a good thing....and too...felt like a trump supporter driving it. lol.

@Gwendolyn2018 older manual, well maintained Mercedes wagon is on my list of hopefuls. a car to last forever.

@Gwendolyn2018 yeah, but neat.

I had a 2000 Saturn. Back in May I dumped it for a 2017 Mini Cooper. I am very very happy with my new little car. It's manufactured by BMW.

@Gwendolyn2018 please educate me.

manual transmission subaru outback wagon

@Gwendolyn2018 vw jetta and golfs still have it. ourbacks, probably some hondas. maybe others. they're plenty of used ones i bet. just gotta be clutch aware.

Honda or Subaru had both they refuse to die. My son had a accord with 300,000 on it went to 500,000 . My civic was totaled in a wreck ran like a charm with 170,000 miles on it. A comedian joked he would have to shoot his civic to kill it

@Gwendolyn2018 see my comment above about Subaru's. Google what years are involved. Avoid those years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.