Agnostic.com

6 14

To any who lost a child

bobwjr 10 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish to apologize for shitting all over your post, brother. I want you to know that I think long and hard before I go after someone like that but there seems to be some things I just can't let pass.

From my perspective, to use art to communicate a feeling that words can't convey is nothing short of profound. Thank you very much for posting this and please accept my apology.

It was only about 1900 whenchild mortality rates started to improve that parents started to allow themselves to express love to their children .

It’s not comforting to me....although I can understand the empty feeling and can obviously empathise. Seeing this statue or monument to loss does not comfort me, in fact seeing it has quite the reverse effect. To me it would be a permanent reminder of the loss of my son. We all react differently to such a loss and mine is to have only reminders of the happiness my son brought me and not the sadness of his departure. I don’t believe in graves or memorials...which serve the same purpose of being a physical point in which to focus our grief, my grief is better dealt with by remembering with fond memories in my heart and my head.

As someone that has lost a child I appreciate the word "attempt" in this post.
Thank you for sharing.

Unity Level 7 Jan 3, 2021

Now imagine that you couldn’t spend time with that child as they died in a hospital because of Covid regulations mandated by state governments and businesses afraid of being sued.

Inappropriate comment for this thread.

@LovinLarge appropriate for the sculpture’s meaning.

@CourtJester You don't understand its meaning or you wouldn't have made such a remark. Shameful.

@LovinLarge Explain how I’m wrong

@CourtJester The sculpture portrays the emptiness of parental grief. You hijacked that theme to make an irrelevant and erroneous political statement.

@LovinLarge You haven’t seen much loss recently then. It’s one thing to have your child die and sit at their side while they pass. Now imagine the life long hole after knowing that they’re dying and the closest that you are aloud to get is the parking lot just outside of the hospital because of Covid regulations.
Open your eyes later. That’s fine.

@CourtJester Only covid patients are prevented in person visitation but they are having virtual visitation so even the claim upon which you've hijacked this thread is false.

It's also not your place to downplay general parental grief.

And further imagine that the child wasn't infected in the first place if idiotic asshole pandemic-denying anti-maskers weren't such horrible inhumane pieces of shit. I hope everyone who denies the seriousness of this disease loses the person they love the most before dying themselves, alone and distraught.

@LovinLarge Get around a bit more. And “virtual”??? Please....

@CourtJester Virtual visitation would be critical if that was all that was available to you. Here is my evidence about other visitation.

[uchealth.org]

@LovinLarge how would you feel seeing your loved one die on video??? Seriously????
That would leave a larger hole than the statue has.

@CourtJester Virtual visitation would be significantly better than no visitation and any reasonable person would agree with me.

@CourtJester no, a hole more like the size of loving large. With any luck she'll block you also and you won't have to put up with the crap.

I know my reaction when told my daughter had a 50:50 chance of living having been born 12 weeks prematurely and her mothered abandoned her - I spent upto 16 hours a day "persuading" her to live by giving her love & desire for life. I hate to think what would have happened if we had had C19 back then!

I couldn't imagine the pain. There is no cure for losing someone you love and who is a part of you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.