Agnostic.com

4 6

So, I'm assuming that the Republicans are going to be just fine when, come Election 2024, Vice President Harris throws out the electors from any state that votes Republican and seats Democratic electors instead? After all, that's what they want Pence to do this year on behalf of Trump.

This is a double-edged sword they're playing with, and they simply don't understand the ramifications. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I will have very little sympathy (although I'm not advocating this in any way, because it is utterly undemocratic and I don't want to see anyone, Republican or Democrat, disenfranchised).

Paul4747 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Problem is, the republicans have been playing at this crooked game a long time. Could be that Al Gore and Hillary had their elections taken away by republican shenanigans. If a party has to use tricks to get elected it shows they really have no base. We need to get rid of the electoral college and standardize all national election operations.

In 2000, Bush made full use of Florida's corruption, hence the hanging chads. In 2004, vote tallying machines had rigged software and the programmer was murdered to keep him quiet. Hillary's loss is directly correlated with Putin's social media campaign, courtesy of data provided by Steve Bannon and Paul Manafort. (Election tampering from a new direction).

@racocn8 And it always seem to be the Republicans and their lousy dogma. When will people wake up to the clear corruption?

Once again you miss the point. @LovinLarge is right. If they pull this off there will be no further elections. They will not risk having to do this again.

First off, I take issue with the "once again", because I have never missed the point. Both houses must agree in order to contest the electoral college results, and that isn't going to happen. The Democrat House is not going to vote against accepting Biden's electors.

The point is to sow enough disharmony and mistrust that Biden is considered illegitimate from day 1 by the Republican base, poisoning the well against him. And I've known that for 2 months now.

@Paul4747 Yet you like to tell me that very thing. Your ego is a bit overgrown as everyone misses a point now and again. Secondly, there is no vote. The process merely acknowledges the EC vote (which has already been cast and each ballot is in the lockbox). Congress merely affirms the count. The point of contention is for the 2022/24 campaigns.

If the 2020 election results are not honored, there may not be an election in 2024. There won't be a need for any more elections if we know in advance that the Republicans will prevail by overriding the democratic results.

Thanks to Republican election officials and governors at the state level, we don't have to worry about that. At least this year. And the House will never vote to reject Biden's electors.

Hopefully sanity will gradually return the longer Trump is out of office.

@Paul4747 Republicans have proven that they are willing to cheat to win so I no longer believe anything until after it has happened.

Probably about as fine as they were with Barack Obama trying to put Merrick Garland on the Supreme Court.

Which is why it's vital to vote in off-year elections, too. We have to get control of both houses. This divided government thing is played out.

Particularly since we know Bitch McConnell is going to treat Biden exactly as he did Obama, and do everything he can to wreck his presidency.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565776
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.