Agnostic.com

12 28

Today's hike up to a frozen alpine lake.

On snowshoes, Karen and I hiked 7.5 miles total with over 1,500 feet of elevation gain up to Beehive Reservoir in the mountains south of Wenatchee, WA.

"I forget that we are constantly going uphill," I told Karen. It was hard work. Realized the steepness on the descent. With each downhill step, I kicked up the tips of my snowshoes and dug in my heels.

I felt delighted to see a new sign: "Gasoline-powered boat motors prohibited on the lake." Hooray!

Blue skies and new snow. Wind was 60 mph! The wind blew all of the snow off the trees. I was enchanted by Ponderosa Pine needles embedded in the snow.

Snow elegantly simplifies the landscape with plants, rocks and bushes covered.

We passed a silent, frozen pond where frogs croak loudly in the Spring.

A fun and beautiful hike.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful! Great pics!

Looks great!

Beautiful photos, especially the last one, a perfect simple subject.

Breathe taking beauty.

Lovely pics as always.
We're expecting a snow storm this weekend. We'll surely take out our snowshoes too.

Pretty blue sky, they are so rare here in Olympia!

DAMN!! look as relaxing as a day on the bay!!

@CuddyCruiser

It was hard work to snowshoe up to the lake. A difficult descent.

With high exertion, my shirt gets soaked with sweat which then freezes. At the top, I had to strip and change into a dry shirt, followed by a down hoody.

At 30 degrees with 60 mph winds, it was excruciating to bare my wet skin. Felt deeply chilled when I got home. My face is wind burned.

Beautiful pictures as always. That was quite the wind A very good hike in those conditions

Sounds like an excellent hike

CS60 Level 7 Jan 13, 2021

Very nice

Excellent

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 13, 2021

i had a grilled cheese. glad you enjoyed your walk.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.