Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK GOP Senator James Lankford Apologizes to Black Constituents for Opposing Election Results

Senator James Lankford (R-OK) has issued an apology to some of his Black constituents in Tulsa, Oklahoma for his intention to object to some Electoral College results on January 6.

Lankford had planned to object to President-elect Joe Biden's win but changed his mind following the riot at the Capitol that left five people dead. He sent a letter to "My friends in North Tulsa" on Thursday.

The letter said the senator's actions "caused a firestorm of suspicion among many of my friends, particularly in Black communities around the state. I was completely blindsided, but I also found a blind spot."

HippieChick58 9 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At least some of the dumb ass repubs have seen the light and do what they were elected for. It's a shame it took a riot to do that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:569128
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.