Agnostic.com

8 8

Behold: American extremism in the flesh. Trumpism may very well outlast Trump, and what we will have, as much as Right-wingers decry Islamist extremism, is exactly its Conservative racist and often Christian (in name, at least) American equivalent. Congratulations, Trump-worshippers! You have become essentially the American Taliban!
'Cowboys For Trump' Founder Arrested In D.C. After Vowing To Bring Guns To Inauguration
[huffpost.com]

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The best act and gesture Biden could do right now is swear in on a Constitution instead of a bible. Religion has torn our country and is ILLEGAL in our government. Show some guts and pull us out of the illegal religion hole.

Nice idea. I would love that. But...He's too faithful a Catholic to do that. But I give him credit for at least letting much of his religious orientation remain metaphorical rather than a fundamentalist weapon for oppression.

love that idea

Joe Biden accurately called the violent Capitol rioters "domestic terrorists."

and he is so right

So basically rule through force‽ I never ceases to amaze me how these radicals continually fail to see their own hypocrisy.

Trumpism will indeed outlive trump.

I have actually said as much to fanatic Christians I have had the misfortune to encounter. It was a discussion on abortion rights, Planned Parenthood and sex education.
They were not pleased when I pointed out there are no laws on the books governing what men do with their bodies and that putting all the onus on women and THEN not allowing them any choices is exactly how Sharia Law works, what we got here kids is the American version of the Taliban. I then asked them to please point out how what they want is different. No responses just angry looks.

How's it different? Jeebus, of course! 🙄

As you say, the Amerikan Taliban. When evangelicals say how bad sharia law is, I agree and then add, "All Abrahanic codes are evil at their core and have few differences- none if you look at them historically."

Absolutely agreed.

To be clear, Trumpism without Trump amounts to essentially White supremacists embracing Taliban tactics to achieve fascist aims.

I hope this nation tires quickly of their assault on democracy.

Might is Right(-wing mentality). Fighting for democracy by trying to destroy actual democracy.
I bet Putin is awfully proud of the mahem his pet project-boy, Trump, has wrought in just four years.

Maybe now he'll release the pee pee video?

p-nullification, and I bet by this point it would not even cost him the support of his White Evangelicals. That's faith, for you. Supporting the opposite of what you claim to stand for.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570008
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.