Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Political Party - WSJ.com

President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said.

snytiger6 9 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Republicans might be glad to get rid of them, but it would assure they rarely won elections for a long time.

Yeah, I think it woudl split the conservative vote.

That would be easier to round all the nuts up. However, 3rd parties have never done well in elections.

Might be nice to see Trump deface the corpse of the GOP. This could be could good because the Democrats could then split without empowering the far right. He's done except his followers infighting might could further weaken his party.

Whether new party gets started by Trump, who knows. A party that was truly geared toward the interests of the middle and working class, small business, would truly sweep the others away. The party would need to have a balanced stance and be heavily influenced by The People's will. There are certain policy objectives that could be touted to gain a majority support right off the bat. Ideally, the party would be run by highly accomplished and trusted members of society who adhered to constitutional processes above all else. There is certainly an oppurtunity right now to appeal to all of the disaffected. That's certain. One tactic would be exposing the instances where people are feeling mislead, duped by the powers that be. Another tactic would be eliminating wasteful spending and instead investing in our communities and improving the lives of those who are struggling. One criticusm frequently heard of both D and R is they never REDUCE overall spending. This could be a focal point. Constantly working toward eliminating the need for certain expenditures, but within reason of course. Some gov spending would always be neccessary.

Another oppurtunity is a science based approach to covid, a comprehensive biological threat plan. My overall impression of covid response from many elected officials was "shotgun approach". Operation Warp Speed was a success, but this was one component. I don't want to minimize it, but we needed MORE and need much more effectiveness in the future. Recall Fauci's delayed approval of masks. This was quite problematic, a very huge miscalculation from a nation that has expended SO MUCH and should be much better poised to address biological threats, whether natural or manmade.

If Trump is the catalyst that makes a new party happen, so be it. The nation can only benefit from more viewpoints and a steady focus on the well being of the majority. Leaders will change over time if the party is successful anyway. It could potentially pull in other party followers in addition to some R and D, if structured just right.

LMAO!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh wait....you're serious....

@Secretguy Which part did you find so amusing?

Here's this "Until now, both parties have survived and prevented other parties from gaining major support. Yet this may be a unique moment where conventional wisdom doesn’t apply. Trump’s impact on American politics may be so long-lasting that it shakes the very party system itself" Not everyone thinks it's so far fetched, fyi.

"Operation Warp Speed was a success"...on what planet, exactly?

@AnneWimsey Apparently not in your alternative reality.

@Secretguy I found it hilarious that the party described was nothing like what the Trump administration actually did. It it didn't show a total disconnect from reality, it would be very funny.

@snytiger6 No it was not an exact description, you're right. I added some to it. I get the impression I am at a Democrat fundraiser or something. All hail the Democrats! All hail the Democrats! - Is that better?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.