Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Rand Paul outraged by the wrong part of Biden's inaugural address

Early on in President Joe Biden's inaugural address, he took stock of the many profound challenges facing the United States, referenced the "once-in-a-century virus," the millions of jobs lost, the need for racial justice, and the climate crisis.

But in the next breath, Biden added, "And now, a rise in political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat."

As the Lexington Herald-Leader noted, it was apparently a line Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) had a problem with.

snytiger6 9 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rand Paul is obviously pandering to the extremists with his false outrage. His behavior is particularly disgraceful after the events on 1/6/21 because he has full knowledge of the real danger these voters pose to our country.

Rand Paul is an honorary member of the terrorist groups.

A good place to start would be addressing inflammatory language and an honest appraisal of true threats to domestic peace. If politician's cannot accurately and honestly gauge the true nature of the problem, then all Biden's calls for unity are coming across as mishonest politicalspeak. We need more than that now. We need honest attempts at building cohesion between those on opposite ends of political spectrum.

Rand Paul like his father is an idiot. Nowhere did he call him or any other individuals white supremacists. If Paul doesn't think these groups exist and are dangerous he is even more ignorant than I thought he was and I didn't think that was possible. Thank the state of Kentucky for Paul and McConnell. What wonderful gifts to the nation. My state is no better giving us Cruz and Cornyn, especially Cruz.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570913
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.