Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK McConnell commemorates President Trump’s last day by specifically blaming him for a riot

On President Donald Trump’s final full day in office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell blamed him by name for the riot that occurred at the US Capitol on January 6.

snytiger6 9 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

McConnell needs to retire. He's the minority leader now and is still trying to hijack the Senate.

Mitch didn't have any badly-needed extra underwear that day, or maybe the mob stole it....made him cranky!

He knows he was on the mob’s hit list for not siding with Trump and trying to overthrow the election. He just may be mad enough to encourage members to vote their conscience. Some of them actually have one.

"Provoked" the riot.
Not incited the riot.

That means McConnell heard from enough Kentucky voters.

Would you have him do it for any other reason?

That might show Mitch came to his senses or just covering his ass for time being.

The latter.

Covering his ass

Who gets blamed for "graphic shows that the damage incurred during the post-George-Floyd riots will exceed that of any other period of ...unrest in American history"? Did any entities of our own government or its representatives involve in "seditious conspiracy" during this time by failing to adequately quell these well concerted uprisings?

Let's apply McConnell's words here "They were provoked by the (elected representative) and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the .... government which they did not like,"

Never, ever, did BLM commit insurrection. You should be ashamed of yourself, you don't even have the excuse of being religious.

@Theresa_N Why are you making false assumptions in placing blame squarely on BLM? I am not involved in prosecuting cases so do not know what specific group affiliations the insurrectionists were assiciated with. Please refer to DOJ's own description of events for further clarity on how insurrectionists used peaceful protests as cover for well concerted, mass violence against the nation in 29 states.

"29 states and Washington, D.C., have been charged for crimes committed adjacent to or under the guise of peaceful demonstrations since the end of May. To date, of the 94 U.S. Attorneys’ Offices (USAOs), more than 40 USAOs have filed federal charges ....Violent opportunists have exploited these demonstrations in various ways." DOJ website

You are falsely assuming no mass insurrection occurred or you are deliberately trying to conceal what has been well documented in federal charges. Why are you interested in misrepresenting what has occurred? Why are YOU falsely attempting to blame BLM for it all? Maybe YOU should be ashamed. Your anger is quite misplaced, isn't it? Wouldn't you be angry at the insurrectionists attempting to give a good cause (helping black lives) a bad name by hiding behind them? Hmm. Your anger directed at me appears as misplaced and belies a deeper protective stance toward mass violence committed against our nation. What other way can I interpret it?

I've posted several articles about how white supremacists provocateurs infiltrated the BLM and Antifa protests to instigate violence and vandalism with the goal to discredit the causes.

@snytiger6 So there IS an element of concerted attack? Can you please provide a link or tell me how to find the articles. I was shocked to see organized attacks on Democrat offices by Antifa just the other day. It was on or after inaugeration. Indeed any government dereliction of duty in appropriately responding to these attacks should be classified under seditious conspiracy. I wonder why noone is reacting in such way. Originally I heard there were a handful of groups conspiring violence. Law enforcement has not clearly indicated who, atleast to my knowledge, I don't know.

Crawl back under your rock. Immediately switching to attacks about the actions of other groups instead of staying on subject never works when you're talking to people with a brain.

@Lorajay Oh so you don't think people should be angry over innocent people being attacked in our cities? Okay got it! Wait, who has the brain?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.