Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Baseball legend Hank Aaron dies at age 86

Still the home run king to me. The greatest ballplayer I've ever seen play. I've seen a lot of good ones. This is a huge loss #44

barjoe 9 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can remember Aaron, fondly, all th way back to the time when he was a minor leaguer in Jacksonville, Florida.

How old are you? He broke in the majors Milwaukee Braves 1954. I was born '57. He did play for the Jacksonville Braves 1953.

@barjoe I am 83, almost 84.

@barjoe By the way, Aaron played second base in Jacksonville. There he was the good hitter that he always was, but not a very good 2nd baseman -- fielding problems. That why he switched to the outfield, where he was fine

@wordywalt That's awesome. You were a teenager. I remember going to Phillies, Milwaukee Braves game before they moved to Atlanta. I was a little kid. They had a great team. Joe Torre, Felipe Alou, Rico Carty, Eddie Matthews and of course Hammerin Hank. Phillies had Richie Allen, Johnny Callison and Cookie Rojas. I think Cookie is the only one still living.

@barjoe I actually never say him play in Jacksonville. We lived in a rural area about 100 miles west of Jacksonville, but subscribed to the Jacksonville Times - Union I followed sports avidly,

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.